Broadhead Sharpener

Luked

WKR
So with my other thread on the BH a lot of people talked about Broadhead sharpeners.
Which ones are you all using that you like.

TX_Diver

WKR
File and ceramic stick for cutthroat 3 blades. Super easy and fast.

Have used stay sharp guides and kme roller on other heads but loving how easy the file is once I got the hang of it

Bump79

WKR
Bladesled.com for replaceable blades is the best bang for your buck. The KME sharpener is better overall but more expensive.

dependes on broadhead design really.
laskey knife sharpener is working well for me on all types of replaceable blade heads. staysharp guide worked well for qad exodus, but did not do well holding mechanical blades. neither would work on a 1 piece 3 blade head.

Beendare

WKR
A flat DMT diamond or the V shaped chock sticks work great.

Reuse, easy touch up and resharpening is another reason I use 2 blades as part of my system.

Read1t48

WKR
Nothing will beat a proper jig and then using various grits of sandpaper or ceramic stones, followed by metal buffing compound on cardboard or even a leather strop. They should be hair popping sharp and aside from shop placement, it makes all the difference in the world.
I would recommend a KME jig or an Innovative Outdoorsman. You can buy packs of wet sandpaper on Amazon, very inexpensively. Multiple sheets of the same grit that will allow you to sharpen broadheads for several years. Do not take a broadhead out of the package and put it on the end of your arrow without sharpening it with this method. Broadheads out of the package are not sharp, in general. There may be a few manufacturing exceptions, but they are very small. The learning curve with a jig is short. I have killed several elk with the exact same broadhead over the last few years. Each time I reshape the broadhead and redo the edges. You do not take nearly as much off as you might think to affect how your arrow flies or the weight. I can literally see my image in the face of a broadhead, like a mirror.

Reactions: Zac

TheTone

WKR
I’ve used an accusharp pull sharpener for two blade heads and been happy, sharpened montec on a piece of sandpaper on a hard flat surface with good luck. Also touched up smaller replacement blades on sandpaper without a jig multiple times. I’d buy a kme jig over a stay sharp/innovative outdoorsman