Broadhead Practice Time

cck311

FNG
I've been doing just that. It helped me realize my 4 inch cut shield cut with a helical twist are much more forgiving of a bad release than my 4 inch straight fletched parabolics. They both guide an arrow just fine when I execute the shot perfectly l, but I'm going with the arrows that still fly good when things are less than perfect.

OP
GLB

GLB

WKR
I've been doing just that. It helped me realize my 4 inch cut shield cut with a helical twist are much more forgiving of a bad release than my 4 inch straight fletched parabolics. They both guide an arrow just fine when I execute the shot perfectly l, but I'm going with the arrows that still fly good when things are less than perfect.
For my woodies I use to use 5.5” fletching, then I went to 5” and now I’m using 4” shields. Seems to steer the broadheads very well and less noise.

Beendare

WKR
I now shoot the 3" feathers after shooting 4" for awhile. If the bow is tuned, they fly great with BH's.

Yuk.....Those 5" feathers are like a Flu flu...they drop like a rock out past 30y or so...

I now shoot the 3" feathers after shooting 4" for awhile. If the bow is tuned, they fly great with BH's.

Yuk.....Those 5" feathers are like a Flu flu...they drop like a rock out past 30y or so...
All I shoot is 2 and 3 inch feathers. Never found a need for more then a 3 inch honestly, as long as the bareshafts are a touch weak, dead laser, or even a touch stiff not much feather is required to get broadheads to group with field tips.

ScottinPA

WKR
Once I have the bow/arrow combo bareshafted, I'll shoot a broadhead arrow or 2 to confirm then resharpen and stick with field points and judos. Never saw the need to continue to shoot the expensive broadhead more than a few times. One poor release and there goes an expensive head.

I like to get my bow well tuned with paper, then shoot a bareshaft regularly for a few weeks. If I'm happy with that tune I shoot broadheads one or two sessions to confirm, but then I go back to regular shafts, with bareshafts mixed in for continued tune verification. Lot less damage to targets.

100rollie

FNG
I keep "3" quivers at the ready year round. one with field points, one with my practice Delta broadheads, and one with hex heads and judos. Every arrow is at 225gr + or - a couple grains, and they all seem to fly the same.