Broadhead Choices

B_Head

FNG
Looking for input or opinions on some broadheads. I am considering solid 3 blades. I have used the Annihilator XLs just looking at other options. I am looking at Contact(formerly Method) MD3 125gr (Really like the 1.25"), OzCut 3blade (Not Hurricane), SlickTrick SS3, RMS Gear. I am sure I am missing a few others throw them in there.

Looking for feedback on what anyone has used prior. Durability, flight, etc. etc. Yes I've watched most of the Lusk videos on those just interested in real world feedback.

Thanks.

Just started shooting the quad exodus swept this year. Pretty impressed so far. It’s not a solid 3 blade like you are asking about though. VPA, tooth of the arrow, Valkyrie, etc are all solid one piece 3 blade broadheads. I used to shoot solid 3 piece but have moved away from that. I prefer the replacement blades.

G5 Montec M3

I used the original Montecs for year with great success and I like the M3 even better. The M3 is way more quiet in flight. It is surprising how loud some broadheads can be in flight.

OP
B

B_Head

FNG
Thanks yall. I may give the swept Exodus a go. I tried the full version last year before settling on the Annihilator as they flew better at distance. To GoldenBelt mainly hunting whitetails.

BurtonGus

FNG
What was your experience with the annihilators? Curious why you’re switching. I hear they fly well and are fairly effective at killing critters.

OP
B

B_Head

FNG
What was your experience with the annihilators? Curious why you’re switching. I hear they fly well and are fairly effective at killing critters.
Killed the deer, no complaints there. The XLs I had flew well out to 60. They got sharp but it took some time to get them where I wanted. But ultimately I like to tinker.

bnsafe

WKR
i shot slick trick for years, wife bought me some exodus for christmas last year and I shot a couple deer with them. Im going back to slick tricks this year, nothing against exodus, im sure they are outstanding, I just prefer slick tricks

Grim reaper micro hades 125gr is my go to fixed blade. Killed a few critters including elk. Craziest performance was a 52 yard hard quartering to (barely could see rear hip but wasnt fully frontal) on a cow elk in idaho. Straight through the humerus bone, rib, top of heart, another rib and poked out the hide on the far side. She died within 40 yards. 27.5” draw 70lb bow 400ish grain total arrow weight. I will be using them again this fall on a moose and elk. For deer I run sevr 1.5 and 2.0.

• Wow
Reactions: Zac

Pramo

WKR
For a reliable well priced head, QAD exodus hands down is the winner, I’ve killed elk, deer and bear with them and used lots of heads one the last 25+ years bowhunting