Broadband Tuning

wirehead

WKR
I’ve lived under my rage expandable broadhead rock for 15+ years and I’m out of touch… do folks still tune fixed blade broadbeads? Is it still a concern that fixed blades have a different POI than field tips?

Yes, broadhead tuning is still a thing. Scroll back through the archery sub-forum here and you'll find many threads on the topic.

Different POI between broadheads and field points can still happen if the bow is out of tune, but the steps to correct it are fairly simple. Below is a handy tuning guide for reference.
Screenshot_20210219-073524.png
Screenshot_20210219-073736.png

OP
wirehead

wirehead

WKR
Yes, broadhead tuning is still a thing. Scroll back through the archery sub-forum here and you'll find many threads on the topic.

Different POI between broadheads and field points can still happen if the bow is out of tune, but the steps to correct it are fairly simple. Below is a handy tuning guide for reference.
View attachment 768606
View attachment 768605
Yup. Makes perfect sense… I guess it was wishful thinking that somehow bow technology made broad head / field point POI difference a thing of the past.

Beendare

WKR
Yup. Makes perfect sense… I guess it was wishful thinking that somehow bow technology made broad head / field point POI difference a thing of the past.
Nope...if you aren't tuning... you are shooting a bad arrow with your Mech heads and you don't even realize it. You can wring another little bit of accuracy out of that bow AND get better arrow performance if you tune

OP
wirehead

wirehead

WKR
Nope...if you aren't tuning... you are shooting a bad arrow with your Mech heads and you don't even realize it. You can wring another little bit of accuracy out of that bow AND get better arrow performance if you tune
I am tuning…

So who checks their tune (per chart above, as reference) and then goes full send with broad heads without checking fixed broad head POI?

Felix40

WKR
You definitely still need to broadhead tune but it is easier now than it was 20 years ago. I walk my broadhead and field point together with just a few groups at 20 yards. Then I do the same at 50. With new bows, drop away rests, and new better flying broadheads, it’s super easy.