Breathable (non-GTX) mid-height shoe options

zpearo

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have a recommendation for a lightweight, breathable (non-goretex), mid height shoe? I already have some non-goretex full-leather boots, but want a lighter option for really hot weather. Seems like almost everything I find in a non-leather mid is also goretex, which I don't want. All the threads I found here for breathable non-GTX footwear seem to have recommendations for leather boots...

I found the Hoka Anacapa Breeze, but would prefer something with a little thinner sole. Anyone have a lightweight synthetic mid shoe that they like?

dtrkyman

WKR
Keen nxis speed mid. super light and comfortable, not sure on longevity as I have not worn them a ton but I doubt they hold up to major abuse.

Only issues I have is they are vented and let dust in, so you tend to get some dirty feet!

OP
zpearo

zpearo

Lil-Rokslider
Keen nxis speed mid. super light and comfortable, not sure on longevity as I have not worn them a ton but I doubt they hold up to major abuse.

Only issues I have is they are vented and let dust in, so you tend to get some dirty feet!
Seems they no longer make the non-waterproof mid version. So still searching.

I am with you on this one….very frustrating trying to find a decent non-waterproof-lined boot, lightweight or all leather.
I have had good luck with Oboz and they have held up better than Keens, Merrels, or Vasques for me. Haven’t looked in a few months so not sure what current availability might be. I also tried the Altra Lone Peak mid and am somewhat happy with it, but don’t wear them a lot because the lacing system annoys me.

Cynoscion

WKR
I really like the Altra Lone Peak mids. I agree with the above post about the lacing system but as they break in, they get much better/easier to lace and they are super comfy. They are my daily work shoe and I doubt I’ll ever go back to anything else for daily wear.

I really like the Altra Lone Peak mids. I agree with the above post about the lacing system but as they break in, they get much better/easier to lace and they are super comfy. They are my daily work shoe and I doubt I’ll ever go back to anything else for daily wear.
I agree with you…I just wish the top lace hole or two were speed hooks. The size that fits me best doesn’t really allow me to get in/out of them without having to unlace the tops and then deal with the little holes in the leather. If I weren’t so impatient I’d rate them higher. Or if I know I will be in them all day I don’t mind.