Brass acquiring suggestions

New to reloading and I have a few questions/recommendations on the best way to get brass during these crazy times.

300 WSM is the brass I’m after, preferably Lapua, Hornady, or ADG. My question are below.

-what websites are you guys acquiring from and are there websites I should be weary of? I thought I’ve read that it’s not uncommon to end up on a fake website selling brass and powder.

-I’ve got a little bit of factory ammo on hand, what factory ammo should I try and keep an eye for that would resort in quality brass after being fired? Like are nosler bullets always matched with nosler brass? Or for instance Barnes bullets, what brass do they use?

-I’ve only been on the brass hunt for maybe a month or so, how often are you guys seeing brass come and go in stock?

Thanks for any advice or information your willing to lend

Just skip the Hornady brass and get something worth messing with. I don’t understand why Hornady brass brings what it does, it’s no more special than Winchester or Remington

OP
P
Just skip the Hornady brass and get something worth messing with. I don’t understand why Hornady brass brings what it does, it’s no more special than Winchester or Remington
I’ve actually tried to stay away from hornady components but I am guilty of giving them the benefit of the doubt on brass for some reason. What other brands would you recommend? I haven’t looked if Sig makes 300 WSM but loaded up some 270 a couple weeks back and that brass seemed pretty decent. Is nosler really worth the price? I’ve read mixed reviews.

I don’t know who makes wsm brass, but adg, Peterson Lapua is top of the line stuff. And I’m sure I missed one. Starline is good for the money. I’ve had good luck with Norma and nosler but I’ve seen people claim it’s soft. For the money, Hornady is severely over priced. But I probably shoot more of their bullets than any other brand.

OP
P
New to reloading and I have a few questions/recommendations on the best way to get brass during these crazy times.

300 WSM is the brass I’m after, preferably Lapua, Hornady, or ADG. My question are below.

-what websites are you guys acquiring from and are there websites I should be weary of? I thought I’ve read that it’s not uncommon to end up on a fake website selling brass and powder.

-I’ve got a little bit of factory ammo on hand, what factory ammo should I try and keep an eye for that would resort in quality brass after being fired? Like are nosler bullets always matched with nosler brass? Or for instance Barnes bullets, what brass do they use?

-I’ve only been on the brass hunt for maybe a month or so, how often are you guys seeing brass come and go in stock?

Lapua doesn't make WSM bass so you can check that off the list.
Brain fart!!! Norma brass not Lapua. Good catch.

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider

Stay away from these guys. It was too good to be true. They had what I needed at a fair price. I ordered and clicked PayPal. But nothing happened then some random person text me asking me to send via PayPal using only friends and family. I laughed and blocked the number. Watch on gun broker for brass. Or every once in a while you’ll find Winchester or Hornady in stock. Yes it’s not the best. But when you have ZERO then you’ve gotta start somewhere.

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
I would be stoked if I could find any nosler or Norma brass. Hopefully soon.

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot a bunch of factory ammo and keep the brass. Norma 300 WSM ammo has been widely availably lately.
Yeah. I have some to shoot to then have once fired. What I ran into was I purchased several different types of ammo for break in and to see what my gun likes. And the majority all have nickel plated cases. I’ve heard mixed feelings on reloading the nickel plated casings. But none the less I have enough to start my reloading journey now.

OP
P
Yeah. I have some to shoot to then have once fired. What I ran into was I purchased several different types of ammo for break in and to see what my gun likes. And the majority all have nickel plated cases. I’ve heard mixed feelings on reloading the nickel plated casings. But none the less I have enough to start my reloading journey now.
Same boat, my gun really likes factory federal premium loaded with Berger hybrids. Def going to start keeping an eye out for factory ammo that is more brass focused. How many rounds do you have through your rifle to feel ready for load development?

Same boat, my gun really likes factory federal premium loaded with Berger hybrids. Def going to start keeping an eye out for factory ammo that is more brass focused. How many rounds do you have through your rifle to feel ready for load development?
Start development with the first round

packer58

WKR

Here's a few vendors to keep tabs on, get signed up for e-mail alerts if it's an option. I'm sure others will give a few more suggestions....

Midway USA
Graph & Sons
Midsouth Shooters
Natches
Powder Valley

A382DWDZQ

WKR
Here's a few vendors to keep tabs on, get signed up for e-mail alerts if it's an option. I'm sure others will give a few more suggestions....

Midway USA
Graph & Sons
Midsouth Shooters
Natches
Powder Valley
American Reloading
Blue collar reloading
Nosler
Sportsmans
Bass Pro

dsmiley

FNG
I’ve actually tried to stay away from hornady components but I am guilty of giving them the benefit of the doubt on brass for some reason. What other brands would you recommend? I haven’t looked if Sig makes 300 WSM but loaded up some 270 a couple weeks back and that brass seemed pretty decent. Is nosler really worth the price? I’ve read mixed reviews.
I loaded some .270sig brass in September and thought it was great. Wife bagged her dear with that load in October.

Attachments

• 20220911_182225.jpg
    20220911_182225.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 18

ams30gts

FNG

Midway USA
Graph & Sons
Midsouth Shooters
Natches
Powder Valley

I second all these stores.