Brand new reloader.

Let me start by saying the only reloading experience I have is making a couple thousand 12ga shells on a progressive about 16yrs ago.

I’m wanting to get into reloading finally at 34yrs old. Wanting to reload 223/5.56, 308, and 7PRC. I started doing a bunch of research in the week since I got bit by the bug (the older guys at the gun shop I work at talked me into it) and I just ordered myself an Area 419 Zero and I’m thinking I’m gonna get a Chargemaster Supreme. I bought a set of used TC 223/5.56 AR series dies off of our clearance rack as well as some projectiles and 200 pieces of prepped LC brass. I’ve got a few hundred pieces of mixed 308 brass (mostly FC, some PMC, and a few Hornady) and 20 or so for the .45-70. Ordered 1k Federal Gold Medal large rifle primers as well as some 7 PRC brass. The same older gent that talked me into this brought me a basket full of goodies which included 44spl/mag, .45-70, 40/10mm, .223 die sets as well as 2100 small rifle primers and some Tac powder. So I guess I’ll start experimenting with 44, 45-70, and 10mm too haha.

Now that you know what I have I need to know what guys are having success with for 308, 223, and 7PRC as far as powder, projectiles, and possibly recipes.. if that’s cool to ask for. Could also use tool lists you’d recommend or any tips really.

I’m shooting the following with awesome success so far:
Tikka CTR .308 20” 1:11
Tikka T3x Varmint 223 24” (soon to be20) 1:8
Tikka 7 PRC with a 22” Proof Sendero profile 1:8 (not done yet but soon)

MThuntr

WKR
It will absorb a lot of your attention and time. You spent a ton of money on a press so now you're in deep

Get some good calipers, bump gauges, bullet comparator tools, case trimmer, case cleaner (dry media or wet...do some more research on whichever you want). I didn't see a priming tool.

Personally I'd pick whichever kind brass you have and toss the rest sounds like you have mostly Federal so get rid of the others. Don't mix headstamps. That adds variables that aren't worth it.

As far as powders, you'll need to look around at all the available data. 7 PRC lends itself to heavy bullets but it really all depends on what you want to do. Probably something around 180gr will do fine.

your press choice screams no budget, but the discount dies are confusing. if cash is not a constraint:

scrap all your brass, start fresh with alpha/lapua/adg/peterson.
buy good mitutoyo calipers
sac modular sizing dies
forester micrometer seating dies
hornady bullets in the 40# bulk packs
single base extruded powders in 8# jugs
autotrickler and the fx whatever super precise scale
amp annealer
giraud trimmer
priming tool

OP
ManOfSteel
The 223 dies were $25 and like brand new, couldn’t pass them up. All the other RCBS dies were free, couldn’t pass those up either. I’m definitely not rich I just like quality tools.