Box elder archery deer tag

Obewon

FNG
Hey, I am new to box elder county and archery hunting. I am hoping to get some advice on where to go in this unit would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Go to the front for the extended.
There are some places to hunt out there. I have the same tag but due to other commitments don't foresee being able to get out there. I'd suggest camping on the north side of the rafts and just get familiar with the area. It's neat country and there are some deer.

machinethomas

Lil-Rokslider
Like mtnrunner said, I would hunt the extended with that tag. I don't know much about the Box Elder unit but the extended holds some awesome late season bucks.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wonder how Utah has any management plan when tags issued for that unit are used for another? Our system defiantly has serious problems. Sorry I've never hunted box elder but I see why no longer any left over tags for archery any more even in units with low deer populations.

amp713

WKR
Box elder tags are usually bought to hunt the front. as such i recommend you dont go hunt the front ;)

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've seen some slammer bucks in Box Elder, and no other hunters for miles. Better weather than freezing your butt of on the extended and fighting all the other hunters.

Obewon,
We spent the weekend up there scouting it out as we were unsuccessful for the draw and bought left-over tags. There are definitely pretty decent bucks up there and great bucks on private. If you have the time, it may be worth it to chase velvet muleys...

Longstride12

Lil-Rokslider
Obewon,
I know guys that have taken good bucks all over the area. Corn fields in Corinne, Tremonton, Honeyville mountains, anywhere above Brigham City or Perry, In or around Willard Basin, Yost is a good area as well as Park Valley, more of a drive to get out there but it's good hunting. Lot's of private property so check before you go but there are lots of options and I know of a lot of good bucks that have been taken in Box Elder. Mantua is a great area, just stay off the private land, they can get a little cranky up there. Good luck, hope you drop one!

jestanw1

FNG
The places that Longstride12 mentioned are actually in 3 different units. Make sure you know the boundaries because there is only a couple places that he mentioned that are in your unit and are actually hunt-able.

Longstride12

Lil-Rokslider
Jestanw1 I stand corrected. Those are my old stomping grounds and I haven't hunted the area or applied for permits since they changed up the boundaries. Anything West of I-15 is in the Box Elder Unit so Corinne, Tremonton, Yost, Park Valley, Grouse Creek would be areas I'd look into. That said there is still a ton of private property so do your homework before you go. Good luck!