Bowtech?

Jager

WKR
Chasing a bit of info on Bowtech in general. I have always shot Hoyt bows and always been happy with their performance. I am looking at a new bow atm and am considering very seriously buying a Bowtech Insanity, Invasion or Destroyer as a change from Hoyt, can anyone give any experiences on the Bowtechs as compared to Hoyt's. I fired an Insanity on the weekend and it was a pretty impressive setup.

Cheers

I was a Hoyt guy back in the Ultratec days, but was in need of a change. I got tired of having the spongy wall that the Hoyts had, so I turned to Bowtech. Over the years I have shot just about all the Bowtechs... Within the last two years I have stuck with the Destroyer 340, which to me is a great overall hunting bow. It has a generous brace height, decent axle to axle, solid wall I was looking for and shoots lights out for me. Bows are much like shoes though, one pair fits differently on each of us. I have been extremely happy with Bowtech over the years... my 2cents...

Last edited:

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I know this guy isn't a big fan of the Bowtech General :D

IMG_0177.jpg

Seriously though, I've had mine for 3 years now. Sure not the latest and greatest, but for as much as I bow hunt it sure suits my needs and a huge step up from my previous bow.

Last edited:

bohntr

WKR
Both manufacturers produce high-quality bows. I've shot multiple bows from each respective company.......I am currently shooting a Bowtech Invasion and have been since it was released.

J-Daddy

WKR
I really liked the Destroyer line better than the newer ones...I've gotta buddy of mine who has had 2 Invasions and was gonna buy a new Insanity this year but after messing with them for awhile he sold his Invasions, skipped the Insanity and is sticking with his 2 Destroyer 340's he has. For him they shot better than the newer ones...I've shot the D340 & the Invasion, I have to agree with him, I thought the Destroyer lineup felt a little better.
I will say this, the new Insanity is a cool looking bow, but I've heard a few guys who bought them that ended up not being real happy with them.

muleman

WKR
Last year I looked at all big players local to me, Hoyt, PSE, Mathews, and Bowtech. I ended up purchasing an Invasion and have been very happy. After a long stretch of not shooting archery, the Invasion seemed natural to me and was very accurate with my poor form.

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
If you havent already you should take a look at Elite, awsome bows and the best warrenty and customer service you will find.

OP
Jager

Jager

WKR
Thanks very much for the informative replies, I keep hearing great things about the Destroyers, just hard to steer away from Hoyt after always being happy with them.

I am not too sure of anywhere close to me in Australia that I can fire an Elite, what do you like about them Miller1?

Cheers

I will also recommend athens archery! The Athens afflixtion is the smoothest drawing bow I have ever layed my hands on. The back wall is as solid as it gets and the fit and finish are second to none. It is a 35" ATA with a 7" brace hieght and has a true IBO speed of 337!

J-Daddy

WKR
I will also recommend athens archery! The Athens afflixtion is the smoothest drawing bow I have ever layed my hands on. The back wall is as solid as it gets and the fit and finish are second to none. It is a 35" ATA with a 7" brace hieght and has a true IBO speed of 337!

The Afflixtion has a 6.5" brace height, not 7"...

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I have a Bowtech 82nd airborne, and it shoots very well for me. It is a fast, short brace, longer ATA bow. Somehow it remains very quiet and shock-free. When I buy a new bow, I will definitely consider the offerings from Bowtech again.

BigSurArcher

Banned
I switched to Bowtech this year. Got a Destroyer 350 Black Ops and I absolutely love it. My roommate got an Insanity which is awesome also. I shot some Hoyts in the shop before deciding what I wanted and they were nice and smooth, but they just felt slow through the shot compared to the Bowtechs. Almost like I really had to concentrate on keeping the bow still through the shot. Sure that's what your supposed to do anyway, but the Destroyer, Insanity, and Invasion go off so quick you really don't even have time to think about holding through the shot.

JGO

FNG
Within the last 4 years I have hunted with and shot extensively the flagship bows from most of the major manufactures. Recently, a good friend was in search of a new bow. My advice is likely the same as most of the guys on here and that is, it's hard to go wrong with most of the "flagship" bows from the majority of the manufacturers. That said, I started shooting the Invasion (my first experience with Bowtech) around February of 2011 and for the first time in years, I didn't buy another bow in 2012. There area lot of great bows out there but nothing made me feel like I was gaining anything over my Invasion. As a side note, after months of testing, my friend opted for the Bowtech Insanity this past week.

tangsrud

FNG
No doubt there are Bowtech fans out there.
BUT...
If you ever have to deal with Bowtech for a warranty consider yourself warned. They absolutely suck!!! You cannot contact them by phone so you are at their leisure on when they check email and when they decide to get back to you. I have also talked to bow shops and if they do not carry Bowtech there is a reason why...Dealers have a difficult time working with them as well.

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
Between me had my 4 hunting buddies we own 5 Bowtech's, 2 Destroyers, 2 Assassins and an Insanity. Of the 5 only one (Destroyer) had an warranty issue (finish peeling on the limbs). The dealer dealt with them so I don't know how that went but they sent out a new pair of limbs. I shoot a Destroyer 340 after carrying a Matthews Q2XL for years. Hands down the best bow I've ever shot. Of the three mentioned I prefer the Destroyer. It's faster than the Assassin and I think more pleasant to shoot than the Insanity or an Invasion.

Slim Jim

WKR
I purchased the new Bowtech insanity a few months ago and love it. I used to shoot an older Hoyt, not a newer model, but my groups were not very tight. Since I got my new insanity, my groups out to 70 yards are very tight and consistent. I love this bow and can not wait to get into the backcountry this August. Sorry mulies.