Bowtech Insanity CPXL

Been looking at this guy for a while. Have not gone into shoot it yet because I'm very impulsive. Ya I know go shoot it to see if you like it. But I was hoping someone out there either has one, or has some experience with one. Looking for person type feed back. Both good and bad. Other than the price tag. Ha ha.

Smooth bow for sure, i shot a buddys at 80lbs and it drew nicer that my Experience at 73lbs. G-Unit on here should chime in, he has shot one for a couple years now. Im a bowtech guy though so take it for what its worth

littlebuf

Banned
i shot it at the store. wasnt real impressed compared to some other bows i shot. ended up going a different direction after shooting bowtech for 8 years

OP
fire arrow
I've been a Hoyt snob for a LONG TIME. I like the ATA and the fact that it has two split yokes, like the old bows did. Any problems with limb flaking?

gman82001

WKR
LOOOOOVVVVEEEE my 2012 im shooting 415gr 301fps at 65lb and smooth the limbs flaked pretty bad and bowtech just replaced them even though I bought it used. Its a bow I plan to be shooting for awhile

jmez

WKR
I have one and really like the bow. It is a very smooth drawing bow that is nice to shoot. Holds very steady and accurate. Not sure if you have ever had one of the OD Binaries but if you have a press they are simple to tune. Literally takes about 5 min. if you have a press. You set the nock height level through the Berger holes, and set centershot dead center. Make sure timing marks are close and synchronize the cams. Once this is done a couple twists in the yokes and you'll have bareshafts hitting dead on after about 4 arrows. Setting mine up I never had to touch it after this.

Biggest drawback is that big fragile cam on a long ATA bow. Mine has taken some pretty bad abuse in the backcountry. Cams are scarred up pretty bad but they still work fine. Not the handiest/most nimble bow for packing around. I've not had a problem with the flaking finish on the limbs and I belive the newer bows have a different limb so hold up. This is an issue with the older moldels.

I've owned and shot alot of Bowtech's. The CPXL is by far their best effort IMO.

I bought an Element last year becuase I wanted a bow that was a little more backcountry/backpack friendly. I kept the CPXL. First bow I've kept in years when I got a new one. I don't plan on getting rid of it and I still shoot it.

OP
fire arrow
What are the prices on these guys. I've seen them for 550-650 for a used 2013, shoot I even found a 2013 new in the box for 650.

HuntCrazy

Lil-Rokslider
I have 3 of them(gave 1 to my lil bro) I have 1 set up for target and 1 set up for hunting.....I absolutely love this bow...the ATA...double split yoke.... feel...cycle...and wall....Bowtech is going to have a hard time getting me to switch....now if they can come out with this bow/specs and cut some weight...HMMMMM go for it bud!!! you will like it.....if not you can always sell it? Good luck let us know what ya do!