Bows you can tune yourself

jhoff04

FNG
I picked up a Bowtech carbon one this summer after owning a mathews for 8 years. It was my favorite out of a half dozen different bows I tried and the deadlock wasn’t the selling point, but definitely a perk! I’m far from an expert but I chased my tail trying to get my mathews halon 32 to tune. Not the case anymore.

Sizthediz

WKR
They are the ones, i really wish there were places to shoot APA, always wanted one but not shooting before buying is tough

They have really done some cool stuff, as ugly as they are, there is a lot of cool innovations in APA
Doesn't apa let you "order" one to try for like a week?

Doesn't apa let you "order" one to try for like a week?
Yeah, they do, but I have heard that their draw lengths are wonky and would much rather shoot one before ordering one. I also wouldn’t know my preferred draw weight would be with APA, I would be more inclined to buy a 33 used (they don’t have very good resale) and take my chances rather than dealing direct without being sure on what I want

I see them come up occasionally for pretty decent prices.

There are just so many nice bows you can go physically shoot and see exactly what you want at a shop, I just wish APA caught on a little better in the states

(I am going to their site now though, just to make sure 😏 I’m buying a new bow regardless, sooner than later)

WCB

WKR
Just me...but if I am learning to fully tune a bow I'd invest in a press...doesn't have to be fancy. And I would also buy a inexpensive decent bow to practice on.