Bow

Not sure if this is the right place but has anyone ever cut quiver rods off for weight savings? I have a Hoyt 2-piece quiver and once it is set up, there is unused rod hanging out.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I cut the bottom of the rods off on the top portion of my Fuse Caldera Two Piece Quiver. I cut nearly three inches off both posts and it didn't save even one ounce. Those poles are super light, so it didn't save much, but it looked better anyway.

On the new hoyt 2 piece pro-series quivers that have the hexagonal arms I used a hack saw to take off the extra material since its machined aluminum it does save a LITTLE but not much. Then I used black primer to cover things up a little. I did cut off the carbon rods but not to save weight. I just prefer not to have the extra rods hanging out.

OP
Brandon Pattison
On the new hoyt 2 piece pro-series quivers that have the hexagonal arms I used a hack saw to take off the extra material since its machined aluminum it does save a LITTLE but not much. Then I used black primer to cover things up a little. I did cut off the carbon rods but not to save weight. I just prefer not to have the extra rods hanging out.

My same point of view.