Bow time machine? Any good?

chobbs

Lil-Rokslider
I absolutely love the Bow Time Machine I have in the shop. Press the bow upright then slap it right on there and use it as a draw board. I use the draw board function all the time. I have pressed anything from Hoyts to PSEs to Mathews to New Breeds with no problems whatsoever. I am actually probably gonna buy a second soon.

bjaegers

Lil-Rokslider
I just put mine together over the weekend. Bought the stand because I will be sharing with my Dad. No complaints I have not used the the Draw Board function yet but will soon, I have only pressed a CS 34.

boom

WKR
I'm torn. I like it a lot. I also dig the simple EZ green. A separate draw board is attractive and is easy and cheap to build.

Can you tension strings and cables with the bow time ?

AGPank

WKR
I have the bow time machine, but a model or two back. He has changed the finger design I believe. I would consider selling mine for a simple reason that I shoot Athens bows and the draw stops have to be removed with the model I have, the new model changes that. It's a little inconvenient to remove my draw stops to press the bow. If you shoot a non binary cam style, this wouldn't affect you.

You can fully press a bow for takedown with the BTM. It's very quick too, it has a different drive style than an ez press. Easy to adjust strings, cables, peep. I'm sure it's paid for itself with me and four bows. I like the vertical arrangement too. I have a hitch mount made so it bolts to my truck hitch so I can make adjustments easily at the range.

MattB

WKR
I have one and while In have not used it very much I am happy with it. The seller was a good guy to work with as well - for what that is worth.

bjaegers

Lil-Rokslider
I have the bow time machine, but a model or two back. He has changed the finger design I believe. I would consider selling mine for a simple reason that I shoot Athens bows and the draw stops have to be removed with the model I have, the new model changes that. It's a little inconvenient to remove my draw stops to press the bow. If you shoot a non binary cam style, this wouldn't affect you.

You can fully press a bow for takedown with the BTM. It's very quick too, it has a different drive style than an ez press. Easy to adjust strings, cables, peep. I'm sure it's paid for itself with me and four bows. I like the vertical arrangement too. I have a hitch mount made so it bolts to my truck hitch so I can make adjustments easily at the range.

The latestsion comes with a separate set of fingers that are plastic coated in red. Not necessary for a Hoyt but would be fairly easy to swap over.

I have a bow time machine and I love it. Never have to go to a shop again haha. Makes it nice because I live 40 from the nearest shop. Easy to time/tune my bows myself.

I really like having the press and draw board together. I have it on a portable stand so easy to move around etc.

OP
mallacootasmoothie

Damn, shooting a Strother Wrath, and workin on my buddy's Elite Hunter.
Can you put the new red fingers on your older bow time machine. I'll buy it if you wanna sell it?
I live 3 hours from the nearest pro shop.

AGPank

WKR
2edujevu.jpg

This style had the fingers welded. Some draw lengths don't require the stops to be removed, but my 29.5 do. Like I said, it's an inconvenience mainly when switching from press to draw board to verify timing. The stops have to be in to use the draw board.

chobbs

Lil-Rokslider
I'm torn. I like it a lot. I also dig the simple EZ green. A separate draw board is attractive and is easy and cheap to build.

Can you tension strings and cables with the bow time ?

I haven't done it yet because I have a string jig to build strings, but you could prob tension your strings on it. As long as they are not a 90" + single cam string. Some long strings may not fit either.

Mine has the newer interchangeable fingers so I have the draw stop fingers on and never have to pull the draw stops. Pretty nice.

whaletail

FNG
I love my BTM. I bought it used off ArcheryTalk. One of the better archery purchases I've made. It makes yoke tuning the Bowtechs a breeze! Pressing and using the draw board back and forth is extremely easy.