Bow Tech Insanity Vs Heli m

I finally had the chance to shoot an Insanity on Friday night the 24th. It had a nice draw cycle and a good back wall. But I am sorry those cams ... you won't find that bow in my hands at 12,000 feet. There is too much stress and too little material I believe that they are going to see issues with those cams starting to taco with enough shots.

The Helim comes from the factory with a large rubber piece like the Outback had on the draw stop. Since the original run shipped they have started sending dealers a new material to replace that with. Smaller diameter and a harder material that solidifies the back wall!!!!! Not nearly as gunchy and wanting to run on you. I personally still don't like the factory wood grip but the FOCUS is where its at. Make that investment and you will love it.

Other bows to look at:

Elite Answer -- smooth, great back wall, decent speed
Hoyts -- take your pick!! Want super lightweight choose between the 32" Element RKT or the 35" Matrix RKT. Don't like the price tag they offer the SAME bows in a machined Aluminum Riser the Vector 32 and Vector 35. Those aren't fast enough for you (330 fps on the 32" models - 325 fps on the 35s) They have a 35" speed bow the VECTOR TURBO!!

Our shop doesn't carry the Bowtech or PSE lines. If you talk with Jared though he is a PSE guy and has great insight on their line. Also, check out the Strothers bows. I have some buddies who are filming with Open Season TV and that is their bow sponsor and I liked the way they shot just a bit heavy for my style of hunting.

The KEY:

SHOOT EVERY BOW YOU CAN!!! FIND THE ONE THAT FITS U REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU READ OR OTHERS TELL YOU. They aren't the ones who will be shooting it.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like Evan's last statement! He hit it spot on! Regardless of what bow others tell you to shoot and which one they think is best.....you need to find what is best for you. That embarks you on a huge adventure to find what is best for you! GOOD LUCK! Lots of options but there is one just for you out there. Shoot as many as you can! In my Pro Shop I have customers shoot as many bows as possible to help them make a decision regardless of the fact that brand X is a sponsor. They need to find what is best for them and what fits their needs.

But.....between those two bows I like the Insanity better. In the Bowtech line I like last years Invasion better than the Insanity. Just my thoughts. Shoot as many bows as possible from all manufacturers that include but not limited to: PSE, Bowtech, Hoyt, Mathews, Elite, etc....

weaver

WKR
I really like how the insanity shoots but they have some issues with the finish on the limbs. All 3 of the brand new bows at my local pro shop have multipile chips in the finish on the limbs. In camo it isnt nearly as noticable. Personally this wouldnt bother me but if you want your bow to look new a year from now youll probably be disapointed.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Evan, what bow would you suggest for speed? For a short draw person like myself(27in). I need to upgrade.

Ryan

Ryan,

I need to first start out by saying that since our shop is no longer carrying PSE or Bowtech I am not going to know as much about their lines. So...

From all the testing and chronograph shooting I have done the Hoyt bows tend to keep their speeds BETTER at the shorter draw lengths. I think that this is due to the fact that as your draw length decreases they put you into a SMALLER cam thus utilizing a greater % of it and maintaining speed and efficiency. That being said here is where I would look for speed bows for you:

Hoyt -- Vector Turbo 35" ATA/6" Brace/RKT cams (#2 for you)/340 ATA speed rating/4.2 pounds
Mathews -- MR6 (stay away from 5" braces IMO!!) 33" ATA/6" Brace/Up to 354* IBO/4.45 pounds* * approximately (weight is w/o accessories/dampeners)
PSE -- Dream Season EVO 32.25" ATA/6" Brace/345 IBO/4.4 pounds
Bowtech -- Invasion 31" ATA/7" Brace/343 IBO/3.9 pounds
Strothers -- SX Rush 34" ATA/6.5" Brace/342 IBO/4.5 pounds
Elite -- Pulse 34" ATA/6" Brace/340 IBO/4.3 pounds

I shoot Hoyt's Ryan. They fit me!!! I would personally shoot the Vector Turbo. We just set one up for a gentlemen with the WCAP (World Class Athlete Program) who had a 26" Draw length. Shooting a 345 grain arrow at 69 pounds he shot 296 fps. That's 67.14 foot-pounds of KE. Just my opinion.

i will be buying the Insanity soon. with similar cam design as the D350 and similar limb technology i cant wait to get this thing in my possession. i have no fear of the cams being too radical and i love a short brace height bow. (admittedly the radical cam is hard on custom strings) i heard the same thing about the finishes on the Destroyers. i have a 350 with over 40,000 shots that i put on this bow and haven't had 1 single issue with cams or finishes. so it's gonna be really easy for me to take the jump up to the Insanity. i love the way BT is pushing the envelope with its innovative technologies. is BT perfect? by no means but i am not afraid to put their equipment thru the test which i have done. i don't baby my equipment and if i expected the finish on my bows to look like new a year later i may as well be out golfing or playing tennis instead of hunting/shooting :)