Bow sling

paxamus

WKR
I’m looking for a new bow sling, something simple and easy to use with little bulk. I have the Sitka one and it’s really nice, but it’s pretty bulky when packed down. I have a Hoyt and saw the Mathews sling and liked the idea of it but it won’t work for mine. What are y’all’s favorites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Montana bow sling, used in conjunction with my pack straps. Nice, functional, simple. And I like that the hooks to hold bow can be unclipped and stored in my pack pocket when carrying my bow. While the 2 attach straps remain on pack straps. Easy on and Off.

but my fave is an over shoulder paracord weave bow sling, with buckles, made by Slingitcustoms.com.
then use Kuiu bow sleeve only to protect strings.
I can unbuckle bow for hand carry, stalking. Part of buckles (male & female ends) remain attached on bow.
Meanwhile re-buckle Cobra-weave strap together with its male/female buckles to stay in place over the shoulder/neck.

Last edited:
I might have to try the Slingitcustoms with the Kuiu cover. I have some rewards points with Kuiu and I really like the idea of being able to remove the sling. I looked at the my slingaling bow sling which is similar to the slingit but it has a magnet to keep the sling from flopping around. Probably go with the slingit combo. Thanks

I've had good luck with the SoloHntr sling. Covers the strings/cables and the detachable strap is nice when you're smashing through brush. No bells or whistles, fits nicely on my 35ATA (no need to tighten the adjustment strap) but not sure how it would fare on a small (<30") ATA.

I have a Montana Bow sling I would sell. Used a few days last season. Really simple to use. I just found myself always carrying my bow and rarely using a sling. Sold

Last edited:
I have a primos bow sling that was like $20, covers cams and strings. Works well

Last edited:
I use the Kifaru Gun Bearer, but replaced the butt bucket with a large plastic hook that attaches somewhere on the bottom riser, works just like the gun for deployment. No bow protection, but quick to access.

I have one I made for my bow. Doesn't have to be removed to shoot. Weighs nothing and is super simple. You can go from bow slung over your shoulder in sling mode to in hand for a shot in less than 2 seconds. I will try and remember to post a pic of it tongiht.

Thanks guys. I ended up with the Slingit customs and the Kuiu setup and its awesome. I’ve got one thing I’m gonna do to it to make it better and once it’s done, I’ll post a picture of it

Update- still loving the Slingit Customs sling with the Kuiu string cover. I added this though. Cheap magnet and a washer under that nylon keeper and now when I go to shoot, I lay the sling on the side and it sticks to the magnet and is out of the way!
1d56f61b6b12712f50982a95bd315f08.jpg

554eea262d2d6819c1989709d2817c38.jpg

Update- still loving the Slingit Customs sling with the Kuiu string cover. I added this though. Cheap magnet and a washer under that nylon keeper and now when I go to shoot, I lay the sling on the side and it sticks to the magnet and is out of the way!
1d56f61b6b12712f50982a95bd315f08.jpg

554eea262d2d6819c1989709d2817c38.jpg

Back