Bow sling suggestions

Triple T

FNG
Looking for a bow sling that will be used to carry bow while elk hunting in western Colorado. Should I go with one that covers cams and string or just a strap hooked to bow risers? Any recommendations?

cjdewese

WKR
I haven't tried any bow slings because I haven't found the need for one.

Here is my solution.

I put a buckle and some extra webbing on my left shoulder strap on my pack. I use the buckle to go through the riser and hook back to itself creating a loop around the riser. It's easy to adjust the height to something that works for you, I do it where my stabilizer fits in my left hand easily so I can use it to guide my bow through any brush if needed.

I can let it hang where it is and be hands free to glass, drink water or check out my phone. When walking through brush, I leave it attached where it is and just guide it through using my left hand. When I need to shoot, I can easily un clip it and have it ready to shoot if with very little motion or noise.

I'd be interested to see if anyone else does something similar.

Attachments

• 20230829_112204.jpg
    20230829_112204.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230829_112055.jpg
    20230829_112055.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
I use a sling called a "Bow Buddy" sling. It is just the style that has loops that go around the cams. I can slip the loop off the top cam of the bow and then rotate the bow to get the bottom loop to come off without touching it. It has a wide range of adjustability for different length bows, I have only used it with bows from 30" to 33" myself though.
It also allows the strap to be adjusted so the bow sits where you want it height wise on your body.
It is a guy local to me that makes them, I bought mine about 5 years ago from him when he was set up at a local 3d shoot.
The guy has a FB page for selling them too I think, it should come up by just searching "bow buddy bow slings".

As far as a covering the string and cam style. I've never damaged a cam or string while hunting but I am pretty vigilant in watching for grass, twigs, or weeds getting trapped between the string and cam. I worry about that derailing the string when drawing more than anything else.