Bow Press

Whisky

WKR
For anyone that might have a new Hoyt I got a recall notice for my LCA Ultralock adaptors. Don't even have the bow yet.

??? Where did you buy them from and when? I bought mine through Lancaster less then a year ago and haven't seen anything.

??? Where did you buy them from and when? I bought mine through Lancaster less then a year ago and haven't seen anything.

My email said ones sold from 5/25/16 to 1/12/17. I'm not techie enough to attach the letter or I would.

I bought them from LCA.

OP
Jake Leibke
Sorry in advance - long post coming....

Here's a couple questions - how often are you going to use it? What are you going to use it for? Do you want a full shop setup, non-portable, where you can do everything from a complete teardown to yoke tuning, etc? Or, do you just want to be able to do a quick yoke tune now and then, put in a peep - more infrequent work on your own bow to avoid going to a shop? Do you need an integrated draw board to check / set timing, check draw length and draw weight? How much ceiling height do you have where you're going to use it? Do you want it to be portable to take on a hunting trip or to the range with you for an emergency repair or broadhead / bare shaft tuning? Do you care about compatibility with the new Hoyts and any future bows that go past parallel in a similar way?

BTM was nice for taking up a small amount of space, very quick and easy to use. Need to beware of ceiling height for a vertical mount when using the drawboard, and won't work safely with the new Hoyts (Unless, Jim redesigns the retention mechanism and gets it approved). If it hadn't been for that - I would have kept mine. It is reasonably portable - you can set it up on a JawStand and take it with you to the range, but all said and done still weighs 50 lbs or so and takes up a little space. I did throw mine in the truck one year and haul it to Montana with me - just in case. Now, I just bring a backup bow and a Synunm. BTM is one of the best values if it has what you need.

Bow-A-Constrictor will press pretty much anything, safe for a complete teardown on pretty much any bow. It requires higher ceiling height to use the Quick Draw and Tune attachment (Draw board). Mine is mounted on a low bench and I still can't handle a draw length over ~29.5" with a low ceiling in my basement. Can be made portable through portable stands and such, similar to the BTM though - still 50+ lbs and takes up some space. Priced competitively for the features it offers, but more expensive than something like BTM.

Something like the Synunm can be packed super small. Safe to use with the newest Hoyts with adapters. Great for bringing on a hunt with you for an emergency repair. No integrated draw board, and not designed for frequent use at all. One of the least expensive.

LCA - I haven't used them, but standard at many, many pro shops. My sense is they're fast and easy to use. Less ceiling height issues than BTM or Bow-A. You can get a draw board attachment - but costs $$$ on top of the press and the Hoyt Adapters if you need them. Can't speak to portability - pretty sure most leave them bolted to their bench.

No experience with or knowledge of the others...

That's all I got - but I would think about how you intend to use the press.

Thanks for all the input guys!

There isn't a shop close that o trust to work on stuff. I have just been using my little Bowmaster press. It works but a pain to use for twisting yokes etc. Space is somewhat limited, for now. I will probably get a draw board, or maybe just make one. The press doesn't need to be portable.

I'll take a look at some of the other suggestions beside what I mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capra

Lil-Rokslider
Whatever you decide to do, Get a full-size bench style press. Whatever model you decide on is a good decision as long as it is an approved model for your bow.

The very best thing you can do for your advancement in archery is to learn how to work on your equipment and a press in mandatory for that.