Bow Press

I just made an LCA style press and it's pretty slick. If I was to buy one I'd have no reservations about the LCA.

ahlgringo

WKR
BowTune Machine, its the newer version of the TimeMachine from Jim- A few tweaks to it that make it even easier. LOVE the press- Highly recommend.

Tim M

Lil-Rokslider
I have ez-presses and an x-press pro at work that all do the job depending on what bow b you are trying to work on but at home I haven't hardly used my ez-press because I got a specialty archery pro press that has basically become my go to press. Nothing that it can't work on and after I got comfort setting it up I'm almost as fast with it as I am with the ez-press.

Trial153

WKR
I have BTM, it's a good press. There are a couple thing so would change about it but for the most part I like it.

Sure loc Express- great for split limbs, but crank handle always falls off
lol
But it works great for me on any bow

bohunterm

FNG
Agree on the Bow Tune Machine. Had old style time machine and the new tune machine is greatly improved.

Brendan

WKR
Don't get a BTM if you want to be able to press the new Hoyts safely. Loved mine and had two models of it (including the newest) but recently switched to a Buckeye Bow-A-Constrictor with the draw attachment.

If you don't need to press a new hoyt or any similar (future?) bow that goes past parallel like that - I was a fan of the BTM too.

I believe there's two of them over for sale on AT right now, otherwise hard to get.

Mark

WKR
EZ Green Press from Last Chance Archery. At first it seemed affordable at $400 and is one of only three Hoyt approved presses. Great, my two boys and I all three shoot Hoyts. Seemed reasonable enough to invest.

We all three upgraded this year to 2017 Hoyts. Hoyt changed their limbs in 2016 so the previously approved Hoyt fingers on the LCA press are no longer approved for the new Hoyt limbs.

No big deal, I can buy the new Hoyt adapters from LCA. However, LCA wants $240 for those adapters. So now my "affordable" EZ Green press just got ridiculously expensive.

I'm not blaming LCA, Hoyt made the change. It's not that big of deal I suppose, but the price did sting a little at first. My hope is that Hoyt doesn't change limb designs if/when I buy a new bow.

Brendan

WKR
EZ Green Press from Last Chance Archery. At first it seemed affordable at $400 and is one of only three Hoyt approved presses. Great, my two boys and I all three shoot Hoyts. Seemed reasonable enough to invest.

There are seven Hoyt-approved presses (As of right now):

Warning! You're Responsible For Archery Safety. | Hoyt.com

Hoyt approved bow presses:
Last Chance EZ Press ™ ONLY when equipped with the Ultra-Lock Adapters™
BowForce Archery Hunter V-Press™
Spikepress ™ bow press
X Press Pro™ bow press
Specialty Archery Pro Press™
Synunm Archery Portable Press™ ONLY when equipped with the Ultra-Flex Adapter Straps
Buckeye Bow-A-Constrictor™ ONLY when used with UltraFlex Adapter Straps

I'm not blaming LCA, Hoyt made the change. It's not that big of deal I suppose, but the price did sting a little at first. My hope is that Hoyt doesn't change limb designs if/when I buy a new bow.

The reason is that the limbs go too far past parallel and it makes the bow want to shoot out of the press under compression. Ask me how I know... (See earlier comment ;) )

Whisky

WKR
Last Chance EZ Green is what I use too. I like it, but like the other poster said, it stung a little having to fork over the money for the new adapters.... I am not familiar with the other presses.

Mark

WKR
There are seven Hoyt-approved presses (As of right now):

Hoyt approved bow presses:
Last Chance EZ Press ™ ONLY when equipped with the Ultra-Lock Adapters™
BowForce Archery Hunter V-Press™
Spikepress ™ bow press
X Press Pro™ bow press
Specialty Archery Pro Press™
Synunm Archery Portable Press™ ONLY when equipped with the Ultra-Flex Adapter Straps
Buckeye Bow-A-Constrictor™ ONLY when used with UltraFlex Adapter Straps

Wasn't aware of the others. The owners manual I got with the bow has three. Thanks for the info.

I use both. and both have their plus.. BTM is really nice for not taking up space and the draw board is way better. LCA is nice for working horizontal. Although the btm was easier to break down and re assemble my bowtechs

Deepshax

WKR
Just got an ez green I like it ($345 shipped from Fulcrum archery). even if you had to get the hoyt adapter for the ultra-flex limbs i think that'd put you in the ball park of the other ones (minimum). I dont have a new hoyt so it doesn't effect me (yet)

Brendan

WKR
Sorry in advance - long post coming....

Here's a couple questions - how often are you going to use it? What are you going to use it for? Do you want a full shop setup, non-portable, where you can do everything from a complete teardown to yoke tuning, etc? Or, do you just want to be able to do a quick yoke tune now and then, put in a peep - more infrequent work on your own bow to avoid going to a shop? Do you need an integrated draw board to check / set timing, check draw length and draw weight? How much ceiling height do you have where you're going to use it? Do you want it to be portable to take on a hunting trip or to the range with you for an emergency repair or broadhead / bare shaft tuning? Do you care about compatibility with the new Hoyts and any future bows that go past parallel in a similar way?

BTM was nice for taking up a small amount of space, very quick and easy to use. Need to beware of ceiling height for a vertical mount when using the drawboard, and won't work safely with the new Hoyts (Unless, Jim redesigns the retention mechanism and gets it approved). If it hadn't been for that - I would have kept mine. It is reasonably portable - you can set it up on a JawStand and take it with you to the range, but all said and done still weighs 50 lbs or so and takes up a little space. I did throw mine in the truck one year and haul it to Montana with me - just in case. Now, I just bring a backup bow and a Synunm. BTM is one of the best values if it has what you need.

Bow-A-Constrictor will press pretty much anything, safe for a complete teardown on pretty much any bow. It requires higher ceiling height to use the Quick Draw and Tune attachment (Draw board). Mine is mounted on a low bench and I still can't handle a draw length over ~29.5" with a low ceiling in my basement. Can be made portable through portable stands and such, similar to the BTM though - still 50+ lbs and takes up some space. Priced competitively for the features it offers, but more expensive than something like BTM.

Something like the Synunm can be packed super small. Safe to use with the newest Hoyts with adapters. Great for bringing on a hunt with you for an emergency repair. No integrated draw board, and not designed for frequent use at all. One of the least expensive.

LCA - I haven't used them, but standard at many, many pro shops. My sense is they're fast and easy to use. Less ceiling height issues than BTM or Bow-A. You can get a draw board attachment - but costs $$$ on top of the press and the Hoyt Adapters if you need them. Can't speak to portability - pretty sure most leave them bolted to their bench.

No experience with or knowledge of the others...

That's all I got - but I would think about how you intend to use the press.

jmez

WKR
I have the EZ Green and love it. It is quick and simple to use. Even if pressing multiple bows it really doesn't take that long to spin the handle to accommodate different ATA length bows. You can completely close or open the press in less than 1 minute.

As to the limb adapters, just the price of evolving technology. It has been happening through the years with most presses and it will continue to happen. How many of the "industry standard" Apple presses are laying around because they no longer work on modern bows?

For anyone that might have a new Hoyt I got a recall notice for my LCA Ultralock adaptors. Don't even have the bow yet.

WKR
Just got a Bow Tune Machine (they changed the name evidently) last week. Very easy to set up and use. Portable. Really like the "quick draw" arms for checking timing.

Coming from a BowMaster, this is light years better but I have zero experience with any other press. Also, I only have Elite bows so no experience with Hoyt, Bowtech, Matthews, etc...