Bow Hunters and Side Arms

pbcarch

WKR
Wow that's some crazy stuff....this year i might just bring both my g40 10mm and redhawk 44mag

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I carry my S&W 329pd .44 mag most of the time. In Grizz country, I move up to my 500. Either is carried in my Diamond D chest rig just below and left of my bino harness.

Bobcat

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got spray, but always leave it at home to save wt. I carry a bow and tags to punch. I have to admit, last year while breaking down my elk, alone in the dark, I was thinking it would be nice to have some spray.

Yes.

Here in Arizona I carry a sidearm everyday. I carry a sidearm behind my bino harness when I am bow hunting.

bwlacy

WKR
Considering carrying in Colorado. Can't find the carry laws online. We don't need a concealed permit in Michigan to open carry. Can I open carry in Colorado with out a Michigan concealed permit?

Most likely carry an XDM 10mm

Rich M

WKR
I'd love to see a cat like that. Have one place where I see a lot of bobcats. Just plain neato!

I'm not sure the carry laws but believe CCP holders can carry when archery hunting where I hunt.

I have a Springfield XDS45 that I won’t leave camp without. My brother had just ate tuna for lunch and was covered in elk scent, a black bear started circling at 12 steps and popping his teeth. All he had was his bow, pretty much needed a fresh pair of underwear. After that, we carry while bow hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a buddy here in Montana that's been jumped on twice by a mountain lion and still doesn't carry a sidearm

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
I don't. I've taken a sidearm a couple of times and after the first day it never leaves the tent so I just leave it home.

87TT

WKR
I guess I could run across traffic on a busy freeway twice and not get hit so if I kept doing it, it wouldn't be dumb?
You don't always lose playing Russian roulette either the first couple of tries.