Bourbon

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
With every guy and his dog chasing it I think it’s overhyped now. Not worth more then msrp which is becoming hard to find.
Used to be able to get ER at the grocery store for $30; now it is almost impossible to find at $40 retail anywhere. They auctioned a plain bottle of Eagle Rare 10 year at the Sheep Show last night and it was $400. If they bring out a bottle of Pappy tonight or tomorrow it will go for at least $7500…

I recently made a good haul on a work trip in Texas so I’m good for a while on ER.

IMG_7136.jpeg

Used to be able to get ER at the grocery store for $30; now it is almost impossible to find at $40 retail anywhere. They auctioned a plain bottle of Eagle Rare 10 year at the Sheep Show last night and it was $400. If they bring out a bottle of Pappy tonight or tomorrow it will go for at least $7500…

I recently made a good haul on a work trip in Texas so I’m good for a while on ER.

View attachment 659623
Our local 3 Bears just got another shipment in of the ER 10, at $50/bottle, so I went ahead and stocked up as well.

repins05

WKR
Fun thread.

Stein 5yr Straight Bull Bourbon (distillery located in Joseph, OR).

and

Good ole Pendleton (in bulk at camp).

Just made a trip with some buddies back to my home town (Columbus, GA) to whack some does on our property across the river in Alabama.

Have numerous honey holes for bourbon. One buddy bought 10 bottles of Eagle Rare at $39 a pop from one store and then 3 bottles at another store (he gave me one bottle as a thank you for the trip). Found some Buffalo Trace too.

Picked up a bottle of Isaac Bowman (Buffalo Trace Juice) that was finished in Port Barrels. Very good stuff.

The bourbon and deer hunting was quite successful.

ni7ne

FNG
The nice thing about Bookers 126 or Knob SB 120 is that they get a lot smoother when you add a handful of snow or a splash of stream water to bring them down to 80 proof.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
Just made a trip with some buddies back to my home town (Columbus, GA) to whack some does on our property across the river in Alabama.

Have numerous honey holes for bourbon. One buddy bought 10 bottles of Eagle Rare at $39 a pop from one store and then 3 bottles at another store (he gave me one bottle as a thank you for the trip). Found some Buffalo Trace too.

Picked up a bottle of Isaac Bowman (Buffalo Trace Juice) that was finished in Port Barrels. Very good stuff.

The bourbon and deer hunting was quite successful.
Bowman Brothers is some good stuff. The John J is a top favorite of mine.
They just released a new cask strength but you had to enter a lottery to win the chance to buy one bottle, in person at their distillery. Would have been worth the trip from Indy for that one...

The Ace

FNG
Everyday mixers of choice for me are Old Grand Dad Bonded and Evan Williams Bonded. I'm a 100 proof guy. Old Forester 1920 and Elijah Craig Barrel Proof are my favorites on an ice sphere.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

LedSled

FNG
Old forester 1910 or 1920 is my regular pour.

A slightly cheaper bottle would be any of the redwood empire stuff. It’s all good.

For something different try Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend.

Van Winkle Family Reserve Lot B is amazing but pricey.

If you are in the south. Old Soul made in Jackson Mississippi is great! Or Huling Station made in Memphis

I’m a fan of the good value picks. More enjoyable for me and usually prefer mid range age to higher aged bourbons.

Buffalo Trace
Larceny
Woodford
Russell’s Reserve
Eagle Rare
Henry McKenna 10
Dickel bottled in bond

tdhanses

WKR
I broke down and tried WLW this past weekend, $96 for a 3oz pour neat, was good but no way would I pay more then msrp if I ever get a chance at a bottle.

CHL

Lil-Rokslider
Crazy thing is, someone will pay this for it.

Attachments

• IMG_1762.jpeg
    IMG_1762.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 53

Travis907

WKR
This is a good deal, surprised it’s still available for purchase. 😏

Attachments

• 51336829-246F-460F-B5C6-A297DACC7705.png
    51336829-246F-460F-B5C6-A297DACC7705.png
    471.3 KB · Views: 53