Bourbon

greenomics

Lil-Rokslider
I have a decent collection. Not much BTAC on my shelf though. For ryes, I've loved everything I've tried from Sagamore Spirits and the barrel proof offerings from Redwood Empire.
20240109_185613.jpg20240109_185631.jpg

greenomics

Lil-Rokslider
My go to daily is Old Forester single barrels. Yum.
Always have a bunch of them open. Plus a couple of the single barrel ryes.
Bookers for a change of pace and Stagg jrs as supply allows.

My favorite bourbon this year was the George T Stagg…wow…best release in a while in my opinion. 135 drinks like 105. So much going on. Unfortunately only found one and its getting drained too fast.

Favorite finished was the Penelope Rio…have one bottle left unopened of batch 1. Not popping until I make sure the release in 24 is as good.

Favorite rye was Redwood Empire emerald giant cask strength…Thomas Handy was really good this year but drinks at its proof point. I’ll go back to it in a few weeks and it will probably settle in nicely.
Emerald Giant is really good. Check out Sagamore if you haven't yet. The cask strength and 8 year.

bullnose

FNG
I'm going to go against the grain here.... my preference is Irish Whiskey > Bourbon > Scotch. Each has it's time and place and should be enjoyed on its own merits. Personally I'm over Bourbon and the cliquey hype surrounding it in general, not to mention any and every beer that is aged in a Bourbon barrel, particularly an IPA. If I want Bourbon, I'll drink it. If I want beer, I'll drink it but please don't mix the two - it's not a Reese's Cup!

Grumpy old man rant over. Please proceed.

Last edited:
Tell him to look for a store pick Yellowstone single barrel, barrel proof bottle. You will both be glad he did.

View attachment 651080

As for Pappy, they have the marketing world cornered. I’ve tried them all and I’d love to have a 15 year but I’d have to win it at a store raffle or function; I’d rather have 15-20 other bottles with that money. I doubt I’ll buy any more glasses of PVW; I’m pretty thrifty. I am glad I did it and satisfied my curiosity.

Tell him to look for a store pick Yellowstone single barrel, barrel proof bottle. You will both be glad he did.

View attachment 651080

As for Pappy, they have the marketing world cornered. I’ve tried them all and I’d love to have a 15 year but I’d have to win it at a store raffle or function; I’d rather have 15-20 other bottles with that money. I doubt I’ll buy any more glasses of PVW; I’m pretty thrifty. I am glad I did it and satisfied my curiosity.

What’s a decent price on that Yellowstone? One of our local liquor stores has one bottle, and I almost bought it today but didn’t because I didn’t know if it was worth $53. I’ll take another look, but I am pretty sure it was the exact same bottle that you have here in your picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
What’s a decent price on that Yellowstone? One of our local liquor stores has one bottle, and I almost bought it today but didn’t because I didn’t know if it was worth $53. I’ll take another look, but I am pretty sure it was the exact same bottle that you have here in your picture.

I’ve never seen it under $70, I’d grab that in a second!

CHL

Lil-Rokslider
For some reason, I keep coming back to this picture. I do believe that if I had a bourbon cabinet like this, I would have to empty out my gun safe and turn it into a liquor locker.

Willing to trade for a Sheep hunt!!! 🤣

I’ve never seen it under $70, I’d grab that in a second!

So, not the exact same bottle but I went ahead and bought it anyway.
09a3f23d4398aa4bcde4c0f0947d64c0.jpg

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Blue Weller and any Stagg Jr and impossible here. And I’ve never seen a SFTB Blanton’s in real life.

That’s a tasty lineup for Monday night!