Bottom of feet burning

So I have about 25 miles on these el cheapo UA boots and my feet are cured. The burning I was dealing with is entirely resolved. No spending two days in agony after a hunt thinking i have something severely wrong like neuropathy. It was clearly just the boots.

I’m not sure if it’s the sizing on the Crispi or just a stiff boot in general? The UA boots are 11.5 and so are the Crispi. Prior to my current pair of Crispis i actually had an 11 and they ended up being a little too small so went to the 11.5. So 11 didn’t work, now 11.5 is causing the burning. I’m definitely not a 10.5 size so no more Crispis for me.

In fact, i’m actually enjoying the less support of the cheaper boots it feels like my feet are getting much more exercise/stretching than in the Crispis. Seems there is no way my feet dont get stronger.

Now, to find a higher quality boots that doesn’t have the stiffness? Maybe like a Danner Recurve, Meindl comfort hiker, etc. I’m gun shy of trying anything else Crispi i’ve spent enough money with them. I think i’m done with stiff boots in general actually.

Good luck to OP, try different boots man.

Last edited:
OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
Me personally, I love the stiff boot and ankle support I get from my crispies. I do a lot of reading about lighter boots and their advantage as well as a flexible sole and its advantage. I'll probably be that guy that just keeps taping his feet and moving on. Although I will try the poly socks under my Merino socks for the 2025 season!

Last edited:

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've had the "feet burn" a couple of times, but they've always been on very big mile days and more usually after a couple of very big mile days. Feels like someone has carefully filleted off about a couple of dozen layers of skin on the bottom.

These are on boots (and shoes) and feet that are well broken in. I carry a little tube of Trail Toes, it's an anti-friction lubricant for feet. It helps.