Boswell Rd near WyoColo Closed to public access

cnelk

WKR
This past week I heard that the Boswell Road east of WyoColo has been closed by a private landowner. (Ex Wyo Governor)

The public road cuts through his property and he has gated the road.

I was also told there have been some arrests for trying to access the public land via the road.

Has anyone from the Laramie area heard about this - or have an update?

HvyBeams

Lil-Rokslider
The ranch was owned by Governor Matt Mead. I haven't heard that it sold. I think it is a county road, so I am not sure how he can close it.

Haven't heard anything about it, I was up there just a couple weeks ago. It can be accessed from either end, or from connecting ATV trails...
Which end was gated?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Haven't heard anything about it, I was up there just a couple weeks ago. It can be accessed from either end, or from connecting ATV trails...
Which end was gated?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

West end (WyoColo) was gated. I was also told since that end was closed, people were using the east end (Jelm).
And now that rancher closed that end too since the road goes right thru his ranch.

Like I said, this is what was told to me. So I don’t know any more than this

wytx

WKR
I'll look into this.
We heard of them doing this while in office one year so I sent him an email. He told me then it is a public road and they might have had the gate closed due to cattle back then.

Those roads in that area are closed parts of the year for calving and fawning for wildlife and during hunting season. It might be a seasonal closure.

wytx

WKR
So the super. at R&B got back to me.
They have an issue with a landowner nearer to WYCOLO. The road goes through private there and the FS and county are working on an easement or moving the road to public ground. That landowner has put up gates, Williams.
He says no issue with Mead access as far as he knows.
Likely if their gate is closed it is because they are moving cattle. I believe you just open the gate and go through at Mead's, my thoughts not his.
Contact the super through email if you have questions and he will answer.