Bosque Del Oso Bear Tag

JZelk22

FNG
Hey guys, was looking at hunting GMU 851 Bosque bear tag in the near future. Seeing that there are 3 options (O1R, O2R, and O5R), I was curious if anyone has experience in this unit during the later seasons running into bears during elk/deer hunts? Trying to figure out when the bears go into hibernation in that area. I would assume a bit later than the northern units of CO since it's a bit more dry and mild.

Hey guys, was looking at hunting GMU 851 Bosque bear tag in the near future. Seeing that there are 3 options (O1R, O2R, and O5R), I was curious if anyone has experience in this unit during the later seasons running into bears during elk/deer hunts? Trying to figure out when the bears go into hibernation in that area. I would assume a bit later than the northern units of CO since it's a bit more dry and mild.
I saw a lot of bears in Early Nov on BDO. I’d say it’s a Dump spot for problem bears from what I gathered from all the ear tags I saw.

Contact Bob Holder. He's the game warden in the area, been here for decades. He traps the problem bears around Trinidad and takes them out to the Bosque. Take out a peanut butter and jelly sandwich at lunch time. The bears will find you.