Boredom, favorite Band / Song

Don’t stop believe inJourney.
If today was your last day Nickelback.
Money Talks AC/DC.
Pretty much any George Strait tune.

Life_Feeds_On_Life

Lil-Rokslider
Tool is definitely mine but which song is hard. Stinkfist, Descending, Aenima...

Love Mastodon as well but really go all different directions with bands.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
So is Tool the official Rokslide band now? This isn’t the first thread with a strong following.

Reactions: lif

jmav58

WKR
Band: AC/DC

Songs: Nervous Shakedown by AC/DC, 50 Years Too Late by Drake White

ODB

WKR
So is Tool the official Rokslide band now? This isn’t the first thread with a strong following.

Just might be.

The intricacy of some of their music is incredible. Anyone doubts this, just watch this video and notice that there are times when Danny Carey is playing polyrhythms with his hands and feet - meaning they are all out of synch but somehow work together. He is amazing. I think the song is in 7/4. Great stuff.

Just might be.

The intricacy of some of their music is incredible. Anyone doubts this, just watch this video and notice that there are times when Danny Carey is playing polyrhythms with his hands and feet - meaning they are all out of synch but somehow work together. He is amazing. I think the song is in 7/4. Great stuff.

He is easily the best living drummer today, and up until Neil Peart dying, I would’ve said he was the second best living drummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worst band I ever saw live...2 songs in they walked off stage because the crowd was being too 'rowdy'....prima donnas.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
Country - Dwight Yoakum - 1000 miles (not "1000 miles from nowhere") and a thousand other songs from the era. Love the sounds that came out of Bakersfield back then...Merle, Buck and all that.
Classic rock - Almond Brothers - Midnight Rider and a thousand other songs from the era.
Metal - Metallica - Leper Messiah/Blackened and a thousand others from the era.
Grunge - Alice in Chains - "Could" and a handful of that kind of trendy music.
Rap - Willie D - Creepin'. Ain't much into many generations of any of this music, especially the most modern.
Death Metal - Morbid Angel - Invocation to a Continual One! Early Vital Remains is good too, Let us Prey album.
I'm a music guy so the list could go on forever. Chet Atkins to Cannible Corpse.

Anyone who only can dig one genre' is missing out.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
After listening to a huge variety of rock and extreme metal, Tool is a boring band for me. My 12 year old can tab most of their songs on a guitar in about 5 minutes of looking. They did some cool stuff I guess, but just not my flavor.

Top 3 in no particular order

Allman Brothers Band-whipping post
Skynyrd-Ballad of Curtis Lowe and Simple man

Love me some CCR, Zepplin, and Marshall Tucker Band.
Love me some Nirvana, Pearl Jam, soundgarden and other Seattle bands.
Rage against the Machine, Beastie Boys those are from my childhood. I’ve pretty much only listened to church music for the past 15 years, and I can’t really name a favorite.
But being raised in a family full of musicians my dad and an uncle are my all time favorite musicians and their songs are ones that I’ll never forget.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
A couple more....
Merle Haggard - That's the way love goes
George Jones - Right Left Hand (Gold!)
Keith Whitley - Brother Jukebox
Morbid Angel - Suffocation
Dire Straights - Sultans of Swing
Alice in Chains - Nutshell