Bora Vs M7 Pants

Anyone have any input on 1 vs the other?
Im looking for a outer layer that’s
-nearly waterproof. (it always seems to dump a foot of wet snow during 1st rifle in CO).
-That I can hike a bit in and not die from heatstroke.
—The M7 has hip zips, but the bora’s do not. I have heard they breathe unbelievably well tho.
-And that’s also warm enough to be able to sit for 4ish hours and watch a meadow without needing an extra puffy layer ideally.

(I thought the Kuiu Axis hybrids were going to be the answer for me but they do not fit me at all).

Wrench

WKR
The bora are a bit "swishy" sounding when walking and they have no wallet pocket.

That's everything bad I can say about them. I mixed some silicone and minerals spirits and applied to the seams on my bora pants and they are my absolute favorite piece for other than archery hunting. I wear them archery season if its raining all day because the rain masks any noise that could be discerned. They're absolutely great at breathing. I'm old, fat and sweat a lot and can see 100% difference between my jetstream and bora in breathing.

I've got the M7 but haven't done anything with them besides trying them on. I think they're going to be great for really cold weather but I'd need a good base layer and puffy pants to sit in legit cold weather for hours regardless of what pants I choose. The M7 has a very light fleece lining.

C.payne

WKR
The Bora seems to fit that bill.
They are a great late season pant which I have worn in various condition and they always seemed to keep me dry and comfortable. The only negatives I have is that the material is a bit noisy “swishy” as mentioned above. And the cut is relatively boxy. I think they could benefit from a more athletic cut which would also cut down on the noise.
Side zips on pants are always a plus. Even though the Bora pants do breath great I think they could also still benefit from some side zips.

I have no experience with the M7 so I can’t compare the two.
I do have experience with the Kuiu Guide pant and feel the guides are a touch warmer but most likely due to less breathability.

OP
JPeters218
For Those running the Bora’s, are you just wearing a base layer under them? Or a base layer plus another pant?

And do they seem warm enough where you could sit comfortably for awhile?

C.payne

WKR
For Those running the Bora’s, are you just wearing a base layer under them? Or a base layer plus another pant?

I usually just run a base layer underneath and adjust the base layer depending on my planned activity level.

Wrench

WKR

20201026_075741.jpgit's-15*F in this picture. Ikilled a bull shortly after. I have a pair of down pants under the bora. Notice the mittens and overboots.....colder than my ex wifes heart that day.