Boots suddenly dont fit? Foot growth?

Hey Rokslide,

Im still a new hunter, have been prepping for a couple of hunts this year using MTI’s back country build 1/2 plans,

I had a sz 9.5 Schnees Granite for a Montana Elk Hunt in 2022, and they ended up feeling too loose after the hunt, so I sold them and dropped down to a sz9 since I like a snug fit.

Well I didnt get to hunt 2023 and started breaking them in this year while prepping and they fit great, but here I am approx 6 weeks and 30 miles into MTI’s BCB2 and now they feel way too damn small! Too snug in the toe box width and too short overall!

I ordered a sz 9w and they fit better but still too short,

Am I going crazy?? Can it be the weekly 4-6 mile runs, 70lb 4 mile pack walks and 40lb 600 step ups caused foot growth at 38 years old?

2muchhp

WKR
Be sure you have good use good inserts. I have a high arch too and now good inserts are note an option. It gets expensive having them in all the boots and shoes, but it beats not hiking

OP
A
Be sure you have good use good inserts. I have a high arch too and now good inserts are note an option. It gets expensive having them in all the boots and shoes, but it beats not hiking
Got 2 pairs of full length sheep feet, one in each cushion option

TaperPin

WKR
One year my arches flattened out as well - same width, just 1/2 size longer.

Jethro

WKR
Around age 48/49 for me. What really sucks is when the left foot is more comfortable in a 10.5 and the right foot remains comfortable in a size 10.

In the same boat with a pair of Hoffmanns that I bought. Fit perfect last season this year my toes are mashed so tight it’s painful walking downhill.

OP
A
Around age 48/49 for me. What really sucks is when the left foot is more comfortable in a 10.5 and the right foot remains comfortable in a size 10.
Thats where im at, L foot .5 size bigger than R