Boot recommendations??

RJC

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the Lowa Tibet GTX, I'm going on my second year with this pair and one of my hunting buddies just switched from Kentrek to the Tibets and has been much more satisfied.

Mer19

Lil-Rokslider
I have put some rough miles on Soloman 4D GTX's over a couple years. They are still very comfortable and waterproof, however, they are now starting to show some wear and tear. I have purchased a new pair that seem to be slightly different/updated. If they prove to retain the same level of comfort and performance I will be most satisfied.

BK Ammenwerth

Lil-Rokslider
What were you wearing when u got those gnarly blisters? Frankly it doesn’t matter what boots work for any of the previous posters. You need to find out what fits YOUR FEET!!!

I've had really good luck with my Asolo TPS Goretex boots. The one piece leather construction makes them super durable and waterproof. My wide feet always seem to make stitches come out on boots/shoes that are stitched together. The composite shank makes long days with heavy loads really comfortable. there are some bad reviews on Amazon, but from what I can tell, they changed the sole on the newer versions and some are having soles come off. I've had mine for a little over ten years and use them in snow, mud, and rain pretty much exclusively. They come in wide sized options as well. A quick search turned up a few places that still sell what looks like the older version that I have been running.

I agree with others that fit is the likely culprit here. A good boot that fits your foot shouldn't give you blisters, even straight out of the box. As an aside, I think most folks are in more boot than they really need for hunting, i.e. Kenetrek Mountain Extremes, Schnee's Beartooth II. The hunting boot world is slowly adapting and following the evolution of mountaineering and climbing footwear: gone are the days of big bulky and heavy plastic boots and full grain leather lace ups. I think the Crispi Lapponia is a step in the right direction, but don't be afraid to buy boots from companies that aren't branded as hunting specific. Scarpa, LaSportiva, etc.