Boot Recommendations

jdvanstar

WKR
Obviously, this is a personal decision... but I could use some opinons. I'm looking at boots and have narrowed down to the following boots for elk/muley/a little whitetail/hiking...

- Lowa Sesto
- Zamberlan Yeren GTX
- Salomon Quest Prime GTX
- Salomon X Ultra Mid 2
- Scarpa Terra

Anyone have experience with these boots?

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at Asolo 520s too

Spoonman

WKR
Obviously, this is a personal decision... but I could use some opinons. I'm looking at boots and have narrowed down to the following boots for elk/muley/a little whitetail/hiking...

- Lowa Sesto
- Zamberlan Yeren GTX
- Salomon Quest Prime GTX
- Salomon X Ultra Mid 2
- Scarpa Terra

Anyone have experience with these boots?

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at Asolo 520s too

I've tried a lot of the very well recognized name brand boots out there and it will come down to what your feet like. I had a pair of Salomon Quest and they just didnt have the support I was looking for. I also had a pair of the Scarpa's but the fit just wasn't there. I ended up trying the Salewa mountain trainers and I couldnt be happier! Light enough, waterproof, great support and for me they are ridiculously comfortable. So my advice is dont pay too much attention to name brand and just try on a bunch of boots and see how they feel. Also I recommend not using the factory insoles in most boots as they just put in cheap ones.

rcdinaz

FNG
Lowa and Asolo fit my foot the best and I wear both. I have a pair of the top of the line Zamberlan's and I wanted them to really work but they are too wide in the toe for my foot. The Salomon's didn't seem to have as much support but I haven't tried them in the field, came close to buying a pair a number of times.

The boots you have listed are fairly light so I assume you are not carrying much in your pack. If you will have a heavier pack you may want a heavier boot with more support. I am not sure what state you are hunting but it will most likely be a LOT rockier than what you are used to which wears out your feet in hurry in a light boot. my $0,02