Boot fit issues...

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Well I have been putting the miles on my Kenetrek Mtn Safari's and have easily passed the "50 mile" break-in period but am having a little issue. The left boot when tied tight puts pressure on the top of my foot, and I don't think that's normal. I have just a tiny bit it feels like on my right but it's really noticeable on the left boot. I have always just been a cheaper boot guy. Lace em up n go, but these boots are different than the others I have worn is why I'm askin to see if theres anything I can do in an attempt to alleviate the pressure other than getting a new pair of boots... Thanks

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any of the mountain boots are going to fit much different than going the cheaper route. In fact sometimes its just down right tough to get them to fit the way you want. Skipping a loop is a viable option.

On my Sasslongs there is one point that sometimes pinches. When I am lacing I don't necessarily get that point as tight as the others. This means that I will have to tie my boot on occasion when that area gets too loose, but its more comfortable.

Did Kenetrek send you their boot treatment with your purchase? If so, did you use it? The treatment can make the leather on the boot a bit more pliable and therefore easier to mold to your foot. I probably overdo it a bit on my use of treatment, but it helps take care of the boots.

OP
Juan_ID

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll have to watch the video tonight n give it a try. Sreekers, yes I got the stuff and I recognized they were different from the moment I put them on lol. But different in a good way, more support and just a better built boot! I'll have to treat them tonight and try the lacing systems and start the break in process again... Once again thank you guys!