Boot fit, Hanwag Alverstone

ScottSN

FNG
I have a wide forefoot but narrow heel. Comments or review on the Hanwag Alverstone wide GTX?

kcm2

WKR
I have the same problem plus 4e width and high volume. Lathrop and Sons took good care of me with my boot issue. I can go to REI and can't even get my feet all the way in the boots they sell there.

Last edited:
OP
ScottSN

ScottSN

FNG
I have the same problem plus 4e width and high volume. Lathrop and Sons took good care of me with my boot issue. I can go to REI and can even get my feet all the way in the boots they sell there.

Sounds good. There is an REI close. I’ll check them out.

OP
ScottSN

ScottSN

FNG
The toe box is narrow. Great boot if you have narrow ish feet. I got a half size up and wide, they work but are still to narrow in the toe to call ideal.
Good info, thanks.
I’ll search for a pair to try on.
I use them for my sturdy boot. My other footwear is vivo esc magnas and deacons, Inov8, and Altra.
thanks. So many options and products I am not aware of.

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider
Good info, thanks.
I’ll search for a pair to try on.

thanks. So many options and products I am not aware of.
I think the wide alverstone is 50% off at Hanwags right now. What I like about it is that I gives me steep country support the others don't, but the breakup of leather below the ankle knob makes it non-skiboot and more athletic.

Screenshot_20240527-154050.png

OP
ScottSN

ScottSN

FNG
I think the wide alverstone is 50% off at Hanwags right now. What I like about it is that I gives me steep country support the others don't, but the breakup of leather below the ankle knob makes it non-skiboot and more athletic.

View attachment 716995
That’s a hefty discount. I’ll check on return policy. Thanks

UTJL

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve also got a narrow heel compared to my forefoot. The wide alverstones fit me like a glove and I’ve never had my heel slip.

OP
ScottSN

ScottSN

FNG
I see they are back to regular price. Guess I made a mistake in not ordering them. I was too conservative in my process.

UTJL

Lil-Rokslider
1 shot has them for $210. No idea what their return policy is though.

OP
ScottSN

ScottSN

FNG

I’ll check them out. Thanks

OP
ScottSN

ScottSN

FNG

Just checked. Out of my size.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a wide forefoot but narrow heel. Comments or review on the Hanwag Alverstone wide GTX?
Similar foot myself. It’s one of the better fitting boots for my heel and arch (medium). My feet are slightly wide and can wear a 12-12.5 in a soft shoe but I up size for stiffer boots. A 13 regular in these fits well. I think gohunt and black ovis had the most stock otherwise just google them in the size you’re looking for and you’ll probably find it somewhere.

There’s other boots out there but two things stand out to me with these. They’re fairly lightweight for a robust boot. The upper portion is very flexible against the ankle.

OP
ScottSN

ScottSN

FNG
Similar foot myself. It’s one of the better fitting boots for my heel and arch (medium). My feet are slightly wide and can wear a 12-12.5 in a soft shoe but I up size for stiffer boots. A 13 regular in these fits well. I think gohunt and black ovis had the most stock otherwise just google them in the size you’re looking for and you’ll probably find it somewhere.

There’s other boots out there but two things stand out to me with these. They’re fairly lightweight for a robust boot. The upper portion is very flexible against the ankle.
How you describe it are the features I am looking for. Thanks

srm51475

FNG
I am normally a 10.5 med width in most boots. First tried Alverstone II in this size and it was way to narrow. Had to go up to 11 wide for it to fit my foot. Like this boot a lot, especially the lacing lock down system.