Boise bow tuning help?

Hey all, I'm looking for a suggestion for where to get help bow tuning in Boise. It seems that ultimately I need to get a press and learn to do it myself, but in the meantime I'm hoping to find someone who does bow tuning for cash or an archery club etc. I haven't had great luck with Archery Central or Dead On. I read an old thread that mentioned Park-N-Sons which I found a phone number for but nothing else online. Any ideas?

I just had a new Vapor Trail string installed at Archery Central on My RX1 Ultra and it's shooting ok but feels WAY harder to draw. I don't know what would be wrong to create that, but I want to get is sorted out. I got this setup - RX1 Ultra @ 50 lbs - because I shot my dad's "injured shoulder" bow and really enjoyed the super easy draw and being able to hold 2 mins and shoot a lot better than with my previous 60 lb bowtech. The string that came on mine was homemade and old so I figured it should be replaced, but it's really weird how much the draw stiffened. Draw weight is supposedly the same, and Archery Central said it was all in spec but I don't know I can trust that at this point. Any ideas on that welcome as well.

ElkNut1

WKR
Dead On Archery is my choice & where we take our bows, also picked up our new ones there. Not sure why you feel they aren't qualified?

ElkNut

11boo

WKR
Any shop will be slammed right now. Is it possible they simply tightened the limb bolts fully? My shop would have. You may have never been pulling the full draw weight.

OP
K
Well maybe I should give Dead On another chance. My experience in the past there was a lot of teenage angsty bow techs and a lot more trying to sell me expensive sights and rests going on than helping tune my bow. Glad to hear you've had good experiences there.

OP
K
Any shop will be slammed right now. Is it possible they simply tightened the limb bolts fully? My shop would have. You may have never been pulling the full draw weight.
Yeah it's not a great time to get help with this, I should have done it this winter. They are 60 lb limbs, and they were backed out to 50 when I left it there. They are not tightened all the way down, and the tech pulled it on the scale right in front of me and said it was pulling 50 - though I couldn't see the scale. I'm wondering if there is more friction in the system somehow, like if the cables are thicker than what was on before?

New strings and cables at spec are probably going to return a few extra lbs than your old set. Did the shop check actual draw weight before and after? Only a few extra lbs can be noticeable at first but you will get used to it. If not back the limb bolts off a turn or two (both equal).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

def90

WKR
I got this setup - RX1 Ultra @ 50 lbs - because I shot my dad's "injured shoulder" bow and really enjoyed the super easy draw and being able to hold 2 mins and shoot a lot better than with my previous 60 lb bowtech.
That's an issue of "let off" not the pull weight.

Rob5589

WKR
New strings and cables at spec are probably going to return a few extra lbs than your old set. Did the shop check actual draw weight before and after? Only a few extra lbs can be noticeable at first but you will get used to it. If not back the limb bolts off a turn or two (both equal).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That'd be my guess as well. You said the previous string was "home made and old" which leads to the belief it was out of spec.