WTB Boise Area - Cheap Shed Antlers

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My wife has been wanting a puppy for a few months now. We agreed on a black lab puppy a while back. As a teacher with the summers off, i finally caved and said let’s do it, and 3 hours later she’s holding a little 8 week old purebred male.

I don’t really bird hunt, but usually shed hunt except this year i lacked the time. i’m looking for someone willing to part with some this years browns since i know i’m not good enough to get by with anything older.

i’m willing to buy and pick up anywhere in the treasure valley. not looking for a 190’ 4 point or a trophy 6pt - just A rag horn brown elk, a 2 point dink, etc. whatever was gonna hit the cut pile. let me know what you’ve got so i can figure out how to get this guy on the train.

thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_9954.jpeg
    IMG_9954.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
id definitely use the soft training antler the first few training sessions. Dog bone shed antler is the brand of the one id recommend, 40$ at cabelas. My griffon got stuck a few times when she was learning and it was hard to get her back to positive association with the actual antlers. In the end my dogs a lazy house dog but will still go a couple hours and does fair on deer. Does not like to mess with elk much though

OP
KelsoBrowny
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
id definitely use the soft training antler the first few training sessions. Dog bone shed antler is the brand of the one id recommend, 40$ at cabelas. My griffon got stuck a few times when she was learning and it was hard to get her back to positive association with the actual antlers. In the end my dogs a lazy house dog but will still go a couple hours and does fair on deer. Does not like to mess with elk much though
After i posted this, and mentioned it - i had a buddy tell me the exact same thing. Thank you for your advice! He’ll get one of those tomorrow likely!

Matt5266

WKR
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I got a duck trainer if you want it, unused. I live in nampa. $15 and its yours

Attachments

• 20230909_151816.jpg
    20230909_151816.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 7

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t find anything I’ve got some I can bring down middle of the month if you want?