Boiling water at high altitude

We were hunting at 10700’ for muzzleloading this past week. At that altitude water boils at 192ish degrees. Our peak freeze dried meals were noticeably undercooked due to this lower temp. What does everyone do to account for this? Physics websites indicate that once water boils the temp no longer increases, the amount of water loss due to steam increases. Any tips or tricks to try? Thanks.

OP
N
We had some aluminum foil bubble pouch insulators we used, and added 2-3 mins, but food was still crunchy and undone. Wondering if there’s some sort of pressure cooker to raise the temp before boiling, however I am sure that’d be super heavy

I've been hunting at a similar elevation and higher for three weeks, eating peaks most nights.

Boil water, dump it in, put pouch in a beanie/neck gaiter, set it in you sleeping bag. If adding 2-3 minutes isn't enough, do 10 minutes.

Laned

WKR
Most of those types of meals have instructions on the packaging stating to add so many minutes per thousand feet of elevation.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using Tapatalk

taskswap

WKR
I have also found it helps to add a few ounces more of water than the package calls for. The extra time hydrating also seems to make the meals a bit more dry/gummy to my taste.