Body Armor plates for Training?

FlyGuy

WKR
With Murph looming at just over 6 weeks away, I’m about to upgrade my weighted vest to the 5.11 Plate carrier. (I’ve Been using a Brute Force sandbag type vest.)

I know NOTHING about armor plates but I’m hoping someone has already figured this out…. Ideally, I’d like to buy REAL ballistic plates that also happen to total up to 17.5# (2x8.75#) so that the total pkg = 20lbs even for a proper RX.

I don’t “need” real ballistic plates, but it would be nice to have them. (Level 3, level 4? I have no idea…). I doubt many companies making body armor give a damn about CrossFit RX requirements, so maybe this is a dumb question….

If that ends up being the case, then I’ll take any recommendations for just plain steel training plates. I see so many styles/variations…. flat, curved, 3 curved, shooters cut… swimmers cut….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WKR
RMA 1155's weigh 8.3 lbs per plate. I've seen them recommend quite a bit as a budget level IV plate. Most people seem to think they're too heavy, but it sounds like they might be perfect for you.