Bluetooth Hearing Pro

tdhanses

WKR
You didn't read the link you asked for did you?

They don't block sound. They generate different sounds, so you don't hear either.

Noise canceling. Not noise blocking.
No but one like could easily be biased, what does apple say on their product even if they didn’t have it rated.

If i put airpods in my ear and don’t turn them on, noise is still blocked no different then an ear plug.

My wife got me a pair of the air pod pros. Absolute junk. I can’t 10 feet without them cutting out. Now one of them won’t even come on. These were new, wrapped, but bought second hand.

tdhanses

WKR
My wife got me a pair of the air pod pros. Absolute junk. I can’t 10 feet without them cutting out. Now one of them won’t even come on. These were new, wrapped, but bought second hand.
Do you have an iphone? Seems like Samsung owners have said this, with an iphone I can walk 100ft away it seems.

You didn't read the link you asked for did you?

They don't block sound. They generate different sounds, so you don't hear either.

Noise canceling. Not noise blocking.

I’m the one that asked for the link and I did read it. Thank you.

It doesn’t make sense that you said you can’t hear the sound but they don’t block the sound waves.

Products like the Apple Ear Pod Pros do block sound waves just like foam plugs do.

From the article: “This means that sounds are measured using microphones on the ear muffs, and once the noise hits a peak level, the speakers turn off. This leaves you with a simple set of dumb ear muffs. By “dumb,” I mean no smart technology is used in these products. These devices protect your hearing by taking advantage of passive hearing protection properties of the ear muff – the same thing a $5 set of dumb ear muffs do.”

I have experience with some of these products. I have Soundgear in the ear hearing protectors.

They amplify sounds up to a certain point. Above the decimal threshold they are programmed to, they shut off and become passive hearing protection. At that point they work the same as if they didn’t have any batteries in them. They are ok but I don’t trust them to protect my hearing in situations like skeet or sporting clays shooting or shooting a rifle on the bench. In the field they are better than nothing but otherwise I double up if I’m wearing them.

I am looking for a higher end option like the OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m the one that asked for the link and I did read it. Thank you.

It doesn’t make sense that you said you can’t hear the sound but they don’t block the sound waves.

Products like the Apple Ear Pod Pros do block sound waves just like foam plugs do.

From the article: “This means that sounds are measured using microphones on the ear muffs, and once the noise hits a peak level, the speakers turn off. This leaves you with a simple set of dumb ear muffs. By “dumb,” I mean no smart technology is used in these products. These devices protect your hearing by taking advantage of passive hearing protection properties of the ear muff – the same thing a $5 set of dumb ear muffs do.”

I have experience with some of these products. I have Soundgear in the ear hearing protectors.

They amplify sounds up to a certain point. Above the decimal threshold they are programmed to, they shut off and become passive hearing protection. At that point they work the same as if they didn’t have any batteries in them. They are ok but I don’t trust them to protect my hearing in situations like skeet or sporting clays shooting or shooting a rifle on the bench. In the field they are better than nothing but otherwise I double up if I’m wearing them.

I am looking for a higher end option like the OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They DO NOT block the sound waves the same as actual hearing protection.

They cancel them by generating different frequencies.

They do provide some physical barrier, but ANYTHING in your ears does that. Cotton balls, pencil erasers, popcorn...

If you want hearing protection, why not get actual hearing protection? There's lot of options, from fairly cheap to very high end.

Air Pods and the like are not hearing protection.

OP
D
So i found a handful of options but like a dog to vomit i went back to the ole 3m Worktunes with bluetooth only because WTF actually listens to the radio? They provide 24 NRR , which is perfect and the in ear speakers are decent

Basically unless I wanted to spend $150 i wasn't going to get a better microphone. I'm mostly after the hearing protection so I'll just cut off my equipment when I need to make/take a call

So i found a handful of options but like a dog to vomit i went back to the ole 3m Worktunes with bluetooth only because WTF actually listens to the radio? They provide 24 NRR , which is perfect and the in ear speakers are decent

Basically unless I wanted to spend $150 i wasn't going to get a better microphone. I'm mostly after the hearing protection so I'll just cut off my equipment when I need to make/take a call
Impossible to beat those for the money!