Blood trailing lights - do they really work?

Rlshrum

FNG
I’m looking to buy one of the blood trailing lights for big game hunting. I’ve researched them to some degree, but I’ve never used one… the two (2) that seem to have the best ratings are:

1. Primos Bloodhunter - many types/models, so I’m hopeful to hear your thoughts/recommendations.

2. Bushnell TRKR - same as above

However I see several (mostly unrecognizable brands - at least to me) with blue filters. Are these the same as above or as good?

I’m color blind so any help from a tool like this may be a game changer for me. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Rich M

WKR
White LED makes blood stand out a bit. Ive not felt hindered using a white LED.

Worst thing is those red speckled leaves that always turn up. A little spray bottle of peroxide can help. It will bubble on blood…

I had one of the old Gerber flashlight, blood trail light, combos from back in the day. I'm a tad color deficient myself, and at night the red and blue light combination really made blood stand out on grass and leaves for me. Unfortunately, the batteries corroded the terminals and the light died on me. I don't know if you can still get one, but that was a great tool.

I've seen the blood tracking services use peroxide mix on THP, and that seems to work great.

dj1975232

Lil-Rokslider
I use a white LED most of the time and that makes it pop pretty good. Absolute truth about those damn yellow leaves with red spots that are always present when I track.