blisters

bnsafe

WKR
can some boots give you blisters no matter how well there broken in, assuming they fit well

littlebuf

Banned
i would think not.if there giving you blisters after break in they dont fit.one trick ive learned is to use mole skin during break in.saves a lot of pain

For sure!!
There are many foot types that can cause blisters even if the boot is fitted correctly and of high quality. The most common area we see is the the heel. The location tends to be on the outside edge and the back. Some people even get a blister on the inside but rare. Lets assume they are fitted correctly molding the boot might be the next step.

Kenai

Lil-Rokslider
If your boots a properly fitted and you are still getting blisters consider taping prior to starting out. Or try a different sock (weight or brand) with a liner sock.

Another little trick is take a tube of chapstick and wrap some Leukotape around it. If you start to get a hot spot put the Chapstick on it. If it continues add the tape.

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
thanks guys, ive got a little over a year in these boots but didtn walk long distances in them until this spring. ive got prob 30 miles in them in the last month but my feet, especially my left foot on the ball and on the back of the heel both have over quarter size blisters on them now. ive put several diff types of socks on and didnt help. the boots feel extremely good when i put them on and start. im thinking maybe my feet are just really soft. but im not sure if i need to look at a diff pair of boots or just keep working with these.
stephen, what in molding adn how does that work.

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
well im not sure what to do. my feet are all blistered up. not sure if i need to keep working on my boots, buy a pair of cabelas pro outfitters or poss perfekt hunter, or kennetrek mountain extremes. ive always had problems getting shoes to feel right. but still think this might be a problem with my feet being soft.

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
stephen, can you do that to any boot or just the hanwags you sale

Blister prevention is the key. A proper fitting boot, with custom insoles will help, but not guarantee blister prevention. I take the crap out of my feet if I know I will have a real shit kicker hike, especially if there is lots of side hill work. Climbing straight up a mountain is particularly hard on the back of ones heels. I always tape the back of my heals, ankles and my arches, with blister bandages under the tape (athletic tape works the best) before a hard backpack hunt. I also take products in case I get blisters, but with the correct taping and blister bandages underneath, you can prevent hotspots and blisters. If the boot doesn't fit you correctly, you can get tissue and bone bruising and this is difficult to "fix" or prevent without the "right" boot. The key is to hike hard before your hunt, so you'll know where the boot is most likely to rub you. Then you can tape spots that are prone to blister, before you get a hot spot or blister.