Blisters in-between toes.

timr00ger

FNG
Any tips to help prevent blisters in-between toes? I don't have any problems with bottom of foot or heel blisters, but I tend to get them between my big toe and 2nd toe, as well as on the littlest toe. I wear toe socks under my wool socks to try to prevent skin to skin rubbing, and change them out each day. But sometimes this is not enough.

Its not bad enough to end a hunt but it is quite uncomfortable. Anyone else get these type of blisters or have tips to avoid?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I get them on occasion. Applying Bodygluide or Squirrel's Nut Butter liberally between my toes helps. I do not use toe socks.

I have used body glide, foot powder and lueko tape. They all worked to prevent toe blisters for me. Only used lueko tape around my big toe when I could feel hot spots though, not all my toes.

Injinji "toe" socks. probably will need to use them as a liner with some heavier socks- and or lube with bodyglide or squirrels as mentioned above.

OP
timr00ger

timr00ger

FNG
Injinji "toe" socks. probably will need to use them as a liner with some heavier socks- and or lube with bodyglide or squirrels as mentioned above.
I use these and they have helped a ton! But I do still get blisters on longer trips.

OP
timr00ger

timr00ger

FNG
FYI: Sometimes the only solution is a wider toe box.
This is also something I was thinking. I wear Oboz Bridgers which are great, stiff-ish boots for hiking maintained trails. But I think I need something with a stiffer sole for side hilling off camber & loose stuff in the backcountry.

Yeah...me too. I chose Meindl Dovres for treks through scree. I have very wide feet and few boots work for me. Had to buy em through a Canadian vendor.
meindlVakuum_Hunter_-_main_800x.png

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll often get a small blister between my smallest toe and the next one up on my left foot (rarely my right). What I've done is before any trip of significant length is tape (leukotape) the small area on both toes where the rubbing usually occurs- this preventive measure has reduced the blister situation to near nil. I'll have to change the tape every couple of days as it gets dirty (with mesh trail runners anyways)

OP
timr00ger

timr00ger

FNG
I always pre-tape my feet prior to starting my hunt. I get blisters on certain spots of my toes as well.
Thanks! Ill try taping this season. That and start shopping around for new boots.

dtrkyman

WKR
I do not cross the laces from the first and second eyelets, so just go from the first to second on the same side. Helped me this spring when I tore up a couple toes due to not clipping my nails prior to some long hikes.

Any kind of lotion between the toes helps, luckily I had some hand lotion in the truck on that trip, lathered up my toes prior to each trek.

OP
timr00ger

timr00ger

FNG
I do not cross the laces from the first and second eyelets, so just go from the first to second on the same side. Helped me this spring when I tore up a couple toes due to not clipping my nails prior to some long hikes.

Any kind of lotion between the toes helps, luckily I had some hand lotion in the truck on that trip, lathered up my toes prior to each trek.
I lost a pinky toenail because I didnt trim it properly before a backpack trip. Good tips!

Coban and a cotton ball.
Put the cotton ball in the said interdigital space. Remove some of the cotton ball fibers to thin out if needed. Use coban to buddy tape the cotton ball in place.
Benefit: cheap, simple, cotton will absorb moisture.