Blaze merino wool beanie, good ear coverage, not Stormy Kromer

OP
Leverwalker

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
I have had the minus 33 beanie for about 5 years now and still going strong. Like the FL one, it's not as bright as a blaze orange fleece beanie but it works. It's the perfect weight in my opinion. I wear it unfolded if I'm hot or fold over once if it's cooler out. No regrets for this price.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Awesome, thanks again. On their way.

First off, I have a giant head. Legit size 8 1/4. For reference, your ball cap probably goes to 7 3/4. So…that colors my perspectives.

some of the hunting brands (looking at you, Sitka) don’t work for me. It is like a compression sock on my giant peach. Gives me a headache in less than an hour. I have an older FL beanie that works but it doesn’t have a lot of ear coverage.

I did the ear band thing with a ball cap. While it is fine for my ears it was less overall warmth than a beanie.

so I went old school and got some wool watch caps. After sorting through dozen options I landed on carhartt. My blaze beanie was $15 and is big enough to cover my head with a ball cap underneath. It is on its 5th or 6th season and a little banged up but going strong. I find the beanie /ball combo gives me warmth or sun protection or both

another one I like is the carhartt Akron hat but I don’t think the do orange. Finally, I didn’t care for their fleece beanie hat with a face mask but mainly because of sizing on my fat head. It comes in blaze and seams like a good option, but it just didn’t work for me.