BlackOvis Terrace Pants

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Black Ovis just released their new Terrace pant. https://www.blackovis.com/blackovis-terrace-pant. I’ll be trying them out this fall and winter but here’s a first impression.

Let’s start with the sizing and fit. There’s a note about running slightly small so I went with a 36x35 that fit just right. If you’re an average build I would recommend sizing up an inch on both the waist and inseam. To me the cut is a standard athletic, not baggy or skinny jean. A decent amount of stretch with a gussetted crotch and articulated knees makes them comfy right out of the package.

Some noteworthy features are the hip vents (no mesh liner) with a two way zipper. For the cargo pockets BlackOvis made one with a zipper and one with a quiet close button snap, I’m expecting this combo to be very versatile. The fabric is a tight weave with a lightly brushed lining but I wouldn’t call it a fleece lining.

I’ll get them outside soon but here’s a couple pictures to show the layout and color. The subtle label on the pocket is a nice touch. Let me know what questions you have and I’ll update this as I try them out.
IMG_1364.jpeg
IMG_1365.jpeg

Last edited:
What size do you usually wear? Assuming 35ish waist and 34 inseam? To give guys a reference of what to expect with sizing. Thanks for posting initial impressions!

Geewhiz

WKR
Hey Tony thanks for the write up. Curious about the fabric,...do you have/know of any other pants that they might compare to?

OP
fngTony

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
What size do you usually wear? Assuming 35ish waist and 34 inseam? To give guys a reference of what to expect with sizing. Thanks for posting initial impressions!
Typically I wear a 34x34 in jeans. These fit a little tighter in the waist compared my kuiu kutana or Attack pants. which are also a 36 waist.
Hey Tony thanks for the write up. Curious about the fabric,...do you have/know of any other pants that they might compare to?
Yes. Pocket layout and hip vents are similar to Skre, Kings Camo preacher pant and Kuiu. The fabric is a tighter weave than the attack pants, probably hold up better to abrasion and burrs. Fabric isn’t the quietest option for stick bow stalking but I don’t see any noise concerns.