Blackhorn 209 price "what the hell"

it was going on gunbroker for $400-500 per 8oz bottle last september.

when my current stash is used up i'm going back to 777, don't need the extra 100 fps bad enough to mess around with the new cost and chronic shortage of BH209.
Holy shit. I am sitting on a gold mine if it was going for that price.

IMG_20230309_133217846.jpg
At Sportsman's Warehouse in Show Low AZ. Looks like I'm staying with triple 7.

Hodgdon got a really good example of what demand is of BH. It can be found pretty easily now around here and its running $65 for 8oz. Still to high IMO.
Problem is, the retailers paid a hefty price for it themselves from the distributors.
It might come down some, but don't expect pre-covid prices ever again. Like everything else, prices are through the roof. I picked up a 1/4" threaded rod, 3' long for a stand for shooting steel. That little piece of steel cost me $21.

Check your Sportsman warehouse asap, I picked some up for 69, it rung up 79 at register, but they honored the 69, since it was still labeled that way on the shelf.

I was cruising through Walmart last year right before season and I ran through the hunting section just to see what was up. I caught them putting out BH209 and they were stocking primers. Literally the jackpot.

I bought 2 jugs of BH for me and a pack of primers for a friend. BH was $42.99ea. Earlier that year I got a new Accura MRX and had paid a stupid price for 2 packs of CCI Magnum 209s in preparation of finding some BH. It popped in stock and I think after the hazmat, I paid close to $80 for 200 magnum primers because I had to.

Shortly after that, I noticed BH prices going WAY up, even at that same Walmart, and now they're constantly $80 for a jug. My local Cabelas has a ton of it on the shelf for $79.99. Ridiculous.

Those two jugs of BH should last me a long while. I hunt black powder one weekend a year. Normally I see my best deer that weekend though.

I got lucky. I found a 10oz jug in 2021 before the price went up. I found an 8oz jug this year at Walmart before they jacked their price up too. I just can't find the recommended primers and at the price it is now, I don't want waste it playing around.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Back