Black Ovis Anchor Puffy Jackets/Pants

tclipse

Lil-Rokslider
Great price, too. I bought a set of KUIU Super Down Ultra's last month or I would have jumped on these for literally half the price.

Watch camofire, picked up a pair of the anchor puffy pants yesterday from them at $109.99.

OP
nettereo16
Mine showed up today. They are definitely good quality, and great at that price.

That is literally the exact same puffy jacket as my LLBean branded 800 down jacket. Folds into it's own zippered pouch. I got mine 3 years ago on sale for $100 and I LOVE it. It saved my arse on a single digit week at 9k in Colorado when we got 15" of snow on opening day. I say get one if you can!

Bazookas

FNG
Called BlackOvis and they said they’re discontinuing these and coming out with something new. Doesn’t sound like they’re going to restock them.

VaBruiser

FNG
So I’m confused. The Black Ovis Anchor Point pants say they are designed to fit OVER your pants while the KUIU Ultra Down say they are a mid layer. Will I be just fine using the BlackOvis as a mid layer?

So I’m confused. The Black Ovis Anchor Point pants say they are designed to fit OVER your pants while the KUIU Ultra Down say they are a mid layer. Will I be just fine using the BlackOvis as a mid layer?
Yes, as long as you allow for extra room in your over clothing. They are very warm. Entertain just using them as outer layer while on your stand or glassing. They are NOT made to walk thru brush!

KUIU Ultra is almost paper thin and can be used as a mid layer. BlackOvis are much thicker and would really suck under regular pants.