Black Eagle Focus shafts

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know the theory behind the weave on the last 6” or so only on the new Black Eagle Focus shafts? Reviews seem to be quick to point it out but no explanation of why.

Dylan Sluis

Lil-Rokslider
I have no clue. To me it seems stupid. And I feel like that weave is probably denser than the standard carbon on the front. I very well could be wrong though. But if that's true than it's just killing FOC. If it's lighter than its a great idea. Hate they come with aluminum components. And when MFJJ called the sales rep out on it he was just like uhhhh, its cheaper.

OP
Cliffy65

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
I have no clue. To me it seems stupid. And I feel like that weave is probably denser than the standard carbon on the front. I very well could be wrong though. But if that's true than it's just killing FOC. If it's lighter than it’s a great idea. Hate they come with aluminum components. And when MFJJ called the sales rep out on it he was just like uhhhh, it’s cheaper.
When I couldn’t find any mention of a reason for it, I assumed that they had a theory with it that didn’t pan out.

dtrkyman

WKR
CX had similar claims, faster recovery out of the bow was part of their claim. If it worked that well all the high end target arrows would use it.

CX probably still does but after they were bought by Feradyne I stopped looking at them!