Bivy or Bug Net?

I'm looking into a bivy or bathtub style bug net for use in a pyramid tent or under a tarp. Obviously, both will work just fine since I'll more than likely have something overhead, but what is your preference, and why?

Assuming that neither will ever be used as a stand alone shelter, would you prefer to have more room and go with the bug net, or save a little weight and go with the bivy?

Any recommendations on a bivy that would be used without some sort of shelter? Is the eVent material the way to go, or will pretty much any bivy (Borah included) suffice?

I use a bivy in my pyramid and a two-person nest in my tipi. All of my mid/bivy use is up in the mountains were bugs are rarely an issue but, I suppose if I was going to be using the mid and bugs were definitely going to be a problem, I would either use my two-person nest or look into purchasing a bug shelter that's specifically made for my mid.

gmajor

WKR
I split the difference and use a borah bug bivy under my tarps. I only use it stand alone during the summer when I know it won't rain, obviously.

If I were limited to your options, I'd choose the bivy for weight's sake.

Hungarydog

Lil-Rokslider
I got a pyranet nest from bpwd for my cimarron, just got it in the mail and only 12oz for a roomy bug free environment is worth it in my mind

whitingja

WKR
How does the Pyranet fit? I got the 2 man nest for my Ciamrron and its just too big and heavy. I was looking at the pyranet. Could you post a pic of it in the Cimarron? thanks

Hungarydog

Lil-Rokslider
my indecisiveness landed me on the 2nd shipment of cimarrons so i dont have it yet. I have a scouting trip planned the end of may so i ordered the tent and nest at the same time rather than waiting till i had the tent. As soon as its here i will post pictures of the 2 together. I ordered the solo pyranet and had it widened slightly and had a reverse t zipper installed. since its made with the non zipper side sloped it should snug right up against the wall of the tent and leave plenty of room.

whitingja

WKR
The nest took up half the space in the cimarron. Felt it was to close to my stove. May be fine for others. Just want extra space.