Birdsong Coatings

Appalaskan

Lil-Rokslider
For those that have gotten Birdsong coatings, have you seen any downside? Any change in performance? How about the longevity of the coating? Thanks.

hodgeman

WKR
A friend of mine had a Para Ordanance .45 coating with "Black T" about 25 years ago. It held up pretty well but we extremely expensive.

I think for hunting rifles, cerakote and similar coatings are seen as a more cost effective solution.

JakeM51

FNG
I know Birdsong has some large LE contracts, but I surprisingly haven’t heard much about it from the hunting crowd.
Tacops does work for 600+ alfabet agencies world wide and has a personal connection with birdsong as all of their rifles have some form of birdsong coating. Maybe you can call birdsong and ask what sets them apart from cerakote.

OP
Appalaskan

Appalaskan

Lil-Rokslider
Birdsong Black-T and Green-T are awesome. I use them when I can.
Willing to share any pictures? Which colors did you go with? I called and it sounds like they have quite a range, but I haven’t found a solid side-by-side album of them.

Shooter71

Lil-Rokslider
03720CE6-E858-4D5D-9568-9A43AC77B4B1.jpeg
Well it’s upside down but you get the idea. Pre-64 M70, Green-T and Black-T. Customers’ guns have all been Black-T, I can look for pics if they don’t post any.

JakeM51

FNG
These are all built buy mike at tac ops and that includes the textur. I think its epoxy. I'll call him this evening and ask, but he might not want to give out the exact process. He does a lot to those rifles before they are shipped out and the receivers are totally reworked as well as a lot of other proprietary things that he doesn't like to just give out.

Last edited:
OP
Appalaskan

Appalaskan

Lil-Rokslider
These are all built buy mike at tac ops and that includes the texter. I think its epoxy. I'll call him this evening and ask, but he might not want to give out the exact process. He does a lot to those rifles before they are shipped out and the receivers are totally reworked as well as a lot of other proprietary things that he doesn't like to just give out.
I hear ya. I’ll give those folks a call.