Bipod

Any experience with the Magpul bipods? Looking at buying one as they aren’t going to break the bank and seem lightweight/durable. Thanks!

OP
SoDak BigGame
I’ve got one, not the sturdiest thing in the world but works well enough for the price.
Not sturdy when in the shooting position like there is too much slop or just where it attaches to the gun at the mount? Which one do you have? I am looking a pic rail mount one for hopefully a little more sturdiness. Thanks!

I’ve got one. I’m happy with it for the price. But you are obviously limited in the height

Which one are you looking at? If you can swing $130 for a hunting bipod then a Harris 9-13" with the quick adjust lever would probably be a solid choice.

OP
SoDak BigGame
Which one are you looking at? If you can swing $130 for a hunting bipod then a Harris 9-13" with the quick adjust lever would probably be a solid choice.

Was looking at those too. Also, crossed my mind to just buy a nice one and be done with it. Looking at the MDT GRND bipod

seand

Lil-Rokslider
I think they are just fine. Folks complain about “slop” - the Magpul has some foward/back play like an atlas. That makes for a more forgiving bipod as taking “slack” out or forward loading is less critical. There isn’t any side to side play, I would suggest rotating the top of the bipod 180deg to remove lockout the rotation.

That said, I still prefer/use the Harris over the magpuls.

Stock harris is fine, ungraded with arca clamp, grey ops leg QD and atlas’s feet/extensions the Harris is even better, but $$