Bipod vs shooting stick

Dejhavu

FNG
I run a low bipod, 10" or so. If I need more than that I have a Triggerstick tripod that I like a great deal. If I am higher than prone, I greatly prefer three legs to two.

KurtR

WKR
I use an atlas bipod with quick attach pic rail and my trekking poles for shooting sticks. The atlas is not light but niether is my gun but the confidence is worth the weight penalty for me

Agdog

FNG
I shot my bull last year off my Spartan and the stability was unmatched. I rigged a flashlight pouch to the front of my bino pack so I have quick access to it when needed. I plan to add their adapter to my primos sticks this year in case I need to take an upright shot.

Ernie

Lil-Rokslider
Depends on terrain and time.
I prefer prone with a bi-pod or off a pack...Whatever is the steadiest IF possible.
If I have to be higher off the ground or I am pretty sure, I cannot shoot prone, I use a tri-pod

dusky

FNG
I like my Triggerstick bipod for up about 150 yds. It's super fast to deploy which I live. Prone off a pack for around 300. I'm not terribly steady with a pack at 400 yards. Plus I'm slow to lock on using my pack so I'm going to be buying my first bipod this year in preparation for my pronghorn hunt and I'm going with Spartan.

TN2shot07

WKR
I’ve used a Hatch the last two seasons with no issues. I bought a Spartan with the long pro legs to see how I like it this summer. I got busted once those season trying to reposition, I’m thinking the Spartan may have been the ticket in that situation since it has some rotation built in.

Jdaley13

FNG
I’ve got a quick detach plate with a v mounted on it and just use a regular tripod you carry with you anyways for glassing. Pop it on and put the animal down.

geterdone

FNG
Atlas bipod with the QD mount for me. I have the leg extensions for it and can use it off my pack if I need even more height. Shot on a downhill slope off my pack and bipod last year just fine. The weight is worth it. If I am beating brush, it comes off and goes into my pack as it does tend to catch branches and brush easily.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

rclouse79

WKR
I often carry both. I always have a short Harris bipod on my gun, and that is my preferred choice. I will usually carry a bog adrenaline shooting sticks in my hand. It goes tall enough you can use it to glass off when standing. It is nice to have an option if brush or terrain makes the bipod unusable.