Bipod help

Chadlunn

FNG
Looking at the rugged ridge gen 3 or a hatch out west. Mostly be used on elk hunts. Any input from someone that has ran a rugged ridge or hatch before? Any other bipods to consider?

I can't stand bipods, so when I found the Javelin bipod from Spartan Precision, I rejoiced. Check them out if you haven't already. They go on and off in seconds. Even better is when you mount a flush cup into your stock.

These may not be as precise as traditional bipods, but for hunting use, they're the best I've seen.

IMG_8589.jpeg

Axlrod

WKR
I have a couple Rugged ridge. Have used them maybe 5 years or so. Quite a bit of use shooting varmints and targets with some big game too. For a light bipod it is very good.

I had the Gen 1 gunwerks it didn't werk out of the package. They don't get a second chance.

I just got the Javelin, but I don't have any time on it. It doesn't seem quite as stable as the R.R. But I wanted to try hunting without a bipod attached all the time, as I use my pack more than a bipod for hunting. I had my Rokstok built with a pic rail/Javelin adapter.

OP
C

Chadlunn

FNG
I have a couple Rugged ridge. Have used them maybe 5 years or so. Quite a bit of use shooting varmints and targets with some big game too. For a light bipod it is very good.

I had the Gen 1 gunwerks it didn't werk out of the package. They don't get a second chance.

I just got the Javelin, but I don't have any time on it. It doesn't seem quite as stable as the R.R. But I wanted to try hunting without a bipod attached all the time, as I use my pack more than a bipod for hunting. I had my Rokstok built with a pic rail/Javelin adapter.
I have never used a bipod for hunting before but wanted to give it a try. I like the new RR since it’s a 7-14 now so I feel like that will help get over the grass or other obstacles. Which javelin did you go with?

OP
C

Chadlunn

FNG
I can't stand bipods, so when I found the Javelin bipod from Spartan Precision, I rejoiced. Check them out if you haven't already. They go on and off in seconds. Even better is when you mount a flush cup into your stock.

These may not be as precise as traditional bipods, but for hunting use, they're the best I've seen.

View attachment 777524
I’ll look into the flush mount. Seems super handy

I hunted with a hatch last year. Like it enough I bought my own. This year I was successful shooting off the hatch.

I really like it because of the versatility. Prone to sitting it has me covered. It's not rock solid while sitting but it's pretty dang good with my pack under the rifle stock.

My only issue, it's a bit of a hassle to adjust in the heat of the moment. Give yourself some solid dry fire and flat range time to work with it and learn how to deploy it quickly. I actually want to shoot a couple NRL Hunter matches just to get more blind reps in on deploying it.

This is my first year running the hatch. I love how adjustable and versatile it is. I dont love it down low and prone doing multiple shots. The 45 degree forward postion doesnt hold well under recoil. However getting into seated or kneeling positions is fast and sturdy. I did a lot of digging before buying it so I didnt expect it to be perfect. But so far I am convinced I will be very happy with it.

hunt1up

WKR
I've had a Hatch now for two seasons. I love it. I've had old Harris bipods and also a few Atlas. The Hatch deploys and adjusts so quickly. I killed an antelope in the sitting position and elk prone with it this year. Deploying it has become second nature. Zero complaints. It pops off my pic rail with the push of a button. Easy to throw back in the pack if I'm not in bipod type situations such as timber.

FNG
The Gunwerks Elevate 2.0 is Good. To. Go.

Easy off and on, locks up solid, can shoot as close to the ground as you would ever need to, and also shoot from a comfortable sitting position. I’m 100% happy with mine IMG_4453.jpeg