Bipod and Muzzeloader

Please excuse my ignorance regarding this topic, but I finally purchased my first ever muzzleloader (CVA Optima V2). I’ve been a rifle hunter my whole life and have a Spartan Precision Bipod adapter on/in every rifle I own. So two questions…

- Is a Bipod on a muzzleloader a stupid idea and never get used?

- Any reason I couldn’t drill into the stock of a CVA Optima and mount it? (Ensuring it doesn’t interfere with ramrod).

I use Spartan Precision adapters on many of my muzzies and a bipod or tripod. Great idea IMO.

I don’t know anything about your stock - I don’t own any CVAs - but you should be able to get the gunsmith adapter or at the very least the Classic or pic rail and adapter to work.

OP
passinggas33
It’s just a cheap plastic stock that comes with it. Going to try and do a regular mount and find a low profile locking nut for the inside of the stock. Glad to hear someone else has used a Bipod on one.

johnsd16

WKR
I added a pic rail to the fore end of my CVA Accura V2. Just be sure whatever you put in there has short enough screws so they don’t hit the ramrod like you say. Not hard.

Loco4dux

WKR
I also use the spartan on my muzzys with good luck. Mine are knight so no experience with Cva. Hope you can rig up the spartan somehow because that’ll be easy street for ya.
Hope you’re well man! Shoot straight.

EVO6

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot a bipod on all of my long gun setups. Haven’t changed that with my muzzy. Better to keep everything consistent. Helps out with precise open sight shots.

Jimss

WKR
I haven't really seen a reason for hauling a bipod around for my style of open country hunting. I'm usually looking for ways to cut weight rather than adding weight on my rifle and shoulders.

Around 80% of my shots are laying prone off my backpack. If I happen to be in a situation where I need to get above brush or taller grass I'll place my rifle between my spotting scope and tripod for a solid rest. Around 90% of the time I'm carrying my spotting scope/tripod.

The wind generally howls where I hunt so the closer I am to the ground the more steady the shot.

There may be situations where a bipod may be worth lugging around. If you hunt in tall grass/brush are a couple.

The Spartan Precision Javelin bipods are very light ~ 5-6 oz and stay in your pocket until you need them. A Davros head for your tripod is 4 oz.

BPI_Outdoors

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Please excuse my ignorance regarding this topic, but I finally purchased my first ever muzzleloader (CVA Optima V2). I’ve been a rifle hunter my whole life and have a Spartan Precision Bipod adapter on/in every rifle I own. So two questions…

- Is a Bipod on a muzzleloader a stupid idea and never get used?

- Any reason I couldn’t drill into the stock of a CVA Optima and mount it? (Ensuring it doesn’t interfere with ramrod).
It depends on how you are hunting. If it is a spot and stalk I think they are great. Don’t change what you are using just because of hunting with a Muzzleloader. Good luck